February 19, 2012

Review: Deja Vu by Monique O'Connor James

Deja Vu by Monique O'Connor James
review

 
Title: Deja Vu

Author: Monique O'Connor James

Publisher: Astraea Press

Source: ebook from publisher

You can see my review of Jamais Vu HERE

goodreads...
Darby Lambert thinks she has it all figured out. After all, she changed the horrible events of her life by tweaking her dreams. What else could go wrong?
The universe can never be altered without ramifications, and now the people she knew so well are not who she thought they were, her past is not the past she remembers, and friends are not friends.
Can she uncover the truth about who she is without further damaging those around her, or will she choose to change her dreams again to find her place in the world?
My take...
Warning…please read Jamais Vu before reading my review of Déjà Vu. There might possibly be spoilers for those who haven’t yet.
Deja Vu starts off with Darby in a car wreck and struggling to be free before the car goes up in flames. Someone who she once held in contempt is the person coming to her aid. How on earth did Matt of all people know where she was and that she was in an accident? That’s just the beginning. Matt is now someone Darby is starting to trust. How weird is it that she once thought he was evil but now cares for him? And Kasey, the very same guy she brought back from the dead, the very same guy she loved, is now scaring her. This is not her Kasey.
Let me start by saying thank you to Astraea Press for offering me the chance to read Déjà Vu. And thanks to Monique O’Connor James for introducing me to her world of Jamais Vu.
Déjà Vu was so full of twists and turns I was blown away! The storyline was brilliant and I just fell in love with it all. There were so many secrets that emerge within the pages and by the end of the book everything comes together nicely. Characters I once loved were getting the mighty death stare from me while I was reading. *Oh yeah you know who you are.* And one character that I loathed in the first book, well let’s just say I became their own personal cheerleader…rootin him on. Monique writes a story that practically lures you in and let’s face it…you will not want to leave. So hunker down in your favorite reading spot, grab a cup of joe and get to reading.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I'm putting this on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading an enthusiastic review!

    ReplyDelete