September 19, 2012

Review: Seaweed by Elle Strauss



Title: Seaweed

Author: Elle Strauss

Source: ebook from author for review


goodreads...
Dori Seward can’t wait to get out of Eastcove, a sleepy fishing village on the border of New Brunswick and Maine. She bides her time by hanging out with friends, attending swim club, and holding her biggest competition, Colby–who wants more than just friendship, at arm’s length.

Then Tor Riley comes to town and he has everything Dori dreams of in a boyfriend–looks, athleticism and mystery.

But Tor also has a tantalizing secret and Dori is determined to find out what it is. The truth is crazier than her wildest imaginations and more dangerous, too. Dori has new enemies, and they will do anything to get to her.

Her life, her dreams and her love for Tor are all weighing in the balance. Will Dori risk it all in order to have it all?

My take...

Another great read from Elle Straus. I know that when I read her stuff I will be getting something fun and entertaining. I also know that her stuff is definitely something I would let my girls read when they get a little older and are ready for YA. Plus Seaweed is very well written you can trust this author knows what she is doing. 

When Elle asked if I would be interested in reading Seaweed I knew I would have to. I love mermaid stories and this one seemed perfect. And it was. It had some really cute characters, an interesting storyline, and the right amount of suspense to leave me wondering. My favorite part was the suspense. There was quite a bit in the story and I found myself pleasantly surprised by how some things revealed themselves. Some of which I never saw coming.

One thing that kept me from rating this a 5 star book was probably how unbelievable the relationship between Dori and her parents were. I won’t give away what happens, but if I were to have done half of the things she did…well I probably would not be alive right now. I don’t know that’s just me. Maybe other parents were a little more lenient with their kids. I felt she should have been held a little more responsible after all that she did.

Anywhoo, loved Seaweed! Thought it was beyond cute and I suggest anyone looking for a clean YA read about merpeople to pick it up today.  


1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a chance to read this one, but I LOVE Elle's other books--Clockwise, Perception--so I'm sure I'll love this one, too! Def. on the TBR pile~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete