November 21, 2012

Review: AIR by Terra Harmony



Title: AIR 

Author: Terra Harmony

Source: ebook from author for review

Adult Read

goodreads

Read my review of book one, WATER HERE
Get WATER free...
Amazon  B&N  Smashwords

My review will contain spoilers if you have not read book one, WATER.



goodreads...
She carries more than just elemental powers. In ‘Air’, the sequel to ‘Water’ of the Akasha Series, Kaitlyn has a secret. One she won’t be able to hide much longer. As the strongest Gaia the planet has ever seen, she must face mankind’s greatest enemy as he campaigns for ‘One Less: Depopulation’. Everything depends on Kaitlyn fully embracing her role as Gaia. Her family. The Seven. The Earth. Something has to give, and it won’t be Kaitlyn.

My take...
Kaitlyn is carrying a secret that only one other person knows about. She is pregnant but not entirely sure who the daddy is. It could be Micah’s, the one guy who she cares the most for. Or on the other hand it could be Shawn's, the one that kidnapped and raped her. Thankfully she has Micah’s sister, Susan, to confide in. Kaitlyn will have to tell Micah soon though, because you can only hide a growing belly for so long.

One of my most favorite scenes in the book is when Micah and Shawn both realize that Kaitlyn is pregnant. Wonderfully, wonderfully done. And what happened soon after had me grinning so big. Only thing is I am not sure how I feel about Micah. I mean I really like him but I am not crazy about his ‘You woman, me caveman’ attitude. He is very hot and cold when it comes to Kaitlyn and how he reacts with her. One moment he is all caring and loving and then the next he is acting all Neanderthal. So less caveman, more feelings and Micah would be prefect.

I will say I think I loved AIR more than WATER. And that is really saying something because I LOVED WATER. AIR is not as action packed as WATER was but I think that is what I adored about it. I enjoyed the pace the book took and how during the story Kaitlyn was able to learn more about who she is and what she can do. I also loved the addition of the Shades to the story. Even though I was a bit hesitant about them at first I thought the whole idea was genius.

I will say that this author is not afraid to push the envelope. So if you are skirmish when it comes to rape scenes…then thread carefully, there is one in here. Though it is not as horrific as with book one, rape is rape.

AIR is an incredible read that had me hanging on to each and every word Harmony wrote. In fact, I am so excited to read FIRE soon so I can see what played out after this crazy cliffhanger we were given here in AIR. I totally recommend this series if you are looking for something different than what’s out there and love a good suspenseful read that is peppered with romance. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, rape AND you get to see the rapists reactions? Very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete