December 7, 2012

Mini Review: SLAMMED by Colleen Hoover


Title: SLAMMED

Author: Colleen Hoover

Source: signed copy I won from Globug & Hootie Need a Book

Amazon  B&N 

goodreads...
Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.
Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.

My mini take...
Hoover wrote a book, that ripped me apart from the beginning to the very end. I am almost positive that I have never cried this much before in my life with a book. Towards the end I had to keep putting the book down because each word was tearing me up inside. And I loved every second of it. The book was an absolute delight to read.

I cannot imagine what all Layken and Will had to go through. Finding that perfect love at first sight only to never be able to see how it could fully develop due to circumstances beyond their control: torture. Hoover you gave us readers a story wrote to perfection; a story I quickly became obsessed with. Putting it down was near impossible...too much goodness flowing through the book to even want to. Kudos, Hoover, for making one hell of a read. Now I am moving on to book 2, Point of Retreat.

So yes, please go out now and GET.THIS.BOOK. You will love it I kid you not. But be forewarned tears will be flowing and snot will be snotting. Stock up on tissue…I hear Costco has them on sale. 

5 comments:

  1. Love them both and cannot wait for Hopeless to come out this month.

    Nicoleta

    ReplyDelete
  2. we gave that away? lol must have forgotten that! Those books are amazing and are so rereadable (word?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your great review. It took another great review for me to order this book and now your will get me to finally crack it open. Honestly, there is no way that I would have discovered this one without blog reviews. I love my bloggy friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad I could help. I am reading book 2 right now. and it is not quite as emotional as Slammed...but still awesome.

      Delete