February 18, 2013

Review: SHATTERED EDGE by A.M. Hargrove



Title: SHATTERED EDGE

Author: A.M. Hargrove

Source: ebook from author for review


ADULT READ

goodreads...
Their trial relationship was meant to last six months, but things didn’t quite work out the way they planned...

Justin Middleton, who has left a string of broken hearts across the state of South Carolina, has only one thing on his mind, and that’s winning Terri Mitchell’s heart in six months. That’s all the time she’s given him...six short months. If he can’t do it by then, they’ll go their separate ways.

Terri Mitchell knows she’s lost her mind when she even suggested this harebrained scheme. She finally thinks her heart is on the mend from her past encounter with Justin. However, when he shows up at her house late one night looking deliciously sexy and irresistible, her iron will to fight him vanishes and the words tumble from her lips before she’s barely aware of what she’s done.

Within weeks, both of them find themselves passionately involved, but when Terri’s brother, Preston, shows up, mysterious things begin to happen, turning their blissful world into something dark and dangerous.

My take...
Justin and Terri have both carried feelings for each other ever since they ended a short lived relationship 6 months ago. But neither could find it in themselves to move on. So when they come face to face at a wedding, both decide to give it another go. Quickly things escalate between the two and as they say the rest is history. Or is it? Heck no! Pesky stalkers, drug head brothers, and a scandal among family make several appearances and try to wreak havoc on these love birds.

I absolutely loved SHATTERED EDGE. Like loved-loved. So much more than EDGE OF DISASTER, where a couple corny scenes had me rating it 4 out of 5 stars. But with this one? I am so giving it a 5 star rating!! No corny scenes what so ever. Now I admit I was a little scared there for a second that I was going to have to rate it lesser than 5 stars. It was that ending that Hargrove introduced and I was scared it would come off unbelievable. But oh no, Hargrove knows what she was doing and she had me flipping out. So good!

And yes, I so loved Terri and Justin. I thought they were great together and I am so glad they decided to try again after a horrific ending to a relationship that barely had a chance to start. They are so cute together. And the best part is they act like your average Joe when they hang out together. Lots of times you find them just hanging out at each other’s houses ordering in. Yeah Justin is beyond rich, but you would hardly know it. Now I didn’t say they would just sit around watching tv. Oh no, these two can’t keep their hands…or tongues…off each other. Whoo boy!

Looking for a hot romance? Look no further. SHATTERED EDGE is a great read that is sure to please. Be sure you check out book one in the series, EDGE OF DISASTER first so you can get a little background to Justin and Terri’s story.

2 comments:

  1. YEEEP! Yep, that's a yell and an eep rolled into one! *Dances around her office* You are making my Monday girl. I'm gonna have to rename you to Mandy Makin my Monday! THANK YOU! Ok, I'll shut up now. <3 ((hugs)) Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it fantastic? I totally cried at the end! Justin and Terrington (freaking love that name) are the best couple! So much to love about this book!

    ReplyDelete