March 1, 2013

Mini Review: VALOR by Taylor Longford



Title: VALOR

Author: Taylor Longford

Source: ebook from author for review


*Amazon & Smashwords both have the book free right now. But you nookers can get it for 99cents.

goodreads...
Think you know about gargoyles? The beautiful winged race disappeared eight hundred years ago. Their greatest enemies were the brutal harpies that people today mistake for gargoyles.

Like all gargoyles, Valor is protective by nature. When he wakes to find a human girl in trouble, his first impulse is to help her. But the greatest risk to MacKenzie’s safety is himself. One scratch from the poisonous barbs on his knuckles and she’ll be lost to him forever.

My Mini Take...
I thought VALOR was a really cute book. It is a very clean read and suitable for any age reader. There were some parts I thought were a little childish for someone of my age. But all in all, it kept my interest and I enjoyed it.

What made me rate it 4 out of 5 stars? Well, here is the deal, some parts I rolled my eyes at just how unbelievable the scenes came off. Take for instance, the MC is a 16 year old girl and seemed a little immature throughout the story. Lots of whining about whether Valor liked her or not and then dreaming about getting his rune. Getting his rune means quite a bit to gargoyles and then spending forever with them. So to think that a 16 year old girl would know that she wants to spend the rest of her life with one guy seems a little far-fetched. Yeah when I was 16 I thought I would be with my boyfriend forever. Fast-forward nearly 20 years and I married someone totally different. Get my point?

Like I mentioned earlier, the story is cute, although not entirely believable. The characters were fun, although not entirely relatable. But I absolutely enjoyed the authors writing and look forward to reading DARE, book 2. If you are a fantasy genre fan, I recommend this story to you. Never read about gargoyles? VALOR is the perfect book to start your love for a new fantasy. Need a little romance with your books? Well, VALOR has enough to make you swoon! Go get your copy today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment