March 8, 2013

Review: FALLEN TOO FAR by Abbi Glines


Title: FALLEN TOO FAR

Author: Abbi Glines

Source: bought from B&N for nook


goodreads...
To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.

My take...
I am a little late to the whole RUSH MANIA taking place. But in all fairness I did buy the book around the time it first came out. I just had to catch up on some scheduled reviews before I could get to it. Now sitting here, after just finished reading the story, I see what all the hubbub is about. WHOOO, I am waving the Team Rush flag. Oh yeah, I love me some Rush.

Rush is a fine specimen, yes he is. But he is also a user of woman and has no qualms telling them to hit the road when he is done with them. He is sorta like Pax from Courtney Cole's IF YOU STAY. Kinda, just a little less dickish. But in the end I loved him all the same. As a reader we sometimes see things happening before the MC catches on. And as the reader we see the real Rush way before Blaire does. At least I did. I saw his heart melting each time he interacted with Blaire. What we don't see is a whopping secret he is hiding from her. And that secret is what crushes her in the end.

What nearly crushed me is the ending. I immediately went to purchase NEVER TOO FAR so I can start it up tonight. I am in desperate need of my Rush Fix. But even more so, I am in need of my Blaire fix too. She is one heck of a character; one that I can actually stand to be around and read about. Blaire is far from those annoying lead ladies we sometimes read about in contemporary fiction. The kind that ache to change the bad boy and will do anything to make it happen. Nope, not Blaire. Does she want him to change and become a one woman guy? Sure she does. But she is not jumping through hoops to make it happen. Not at all. In fact, she has come to terms that he is who he is and she is going to use him in return for her needs as well.

FALLEN TOO FAR was fabulous and hot! Oh so hot! A definite must read. I was hooked from the moment Blaire wielded her gun at the very beginning and I found it extremely hard to put it down from then on. Lover of hot, steamy contemporary fiction? Then FALLEN TOO FAR is just the book from you. Of course, I am probably preaching to the choir since I am one of the last few to read this one. But if you haven't then I suggest you pick it up today. Like now.


1 comment:

  1. The best book I ever read!! It's impossible not to fall in love with these characters...After reading this series of books you will be hooked on reading more Abbie Glines books!!

    ReplyDelete