April 12, 2013

TOP 10 with Author J.L. Block of THE KEEPERS



Hi I’m Jenaye or otherwise known as my pen name J.L.Block!

I was born in America but moved to Australia at a young age. I like to think of myself as a mixture of the two. I love both countries and though I grew up in Australia and love it here there will always be a place in my heart for my birth county.

My two great passions in life are literature and music. I love writing in both forms and I like reading and listening in both forms.

My writing developed as a child. Since I can remember I have thought of stories in my head to get myself to sleep at night. It wasn’t until my teens that I decided to actually write some of those ideas down. It wasn’t until a couple of years ago until I seriously considered  writing and finishing a full length novel. 

I have always had a wild imagination. It distracts me from ‘reality’ quite often, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. My imagination allows me to do the things I love best, which is all I can ask for. I think anyone who is able to follow their passion is lucky to have the opportunity to do what makes them happiest in life.




1. Fav movie/actor/actress?
I'm more of a tv series girl. My favorite is Once Upon a Time without a doubt. 


2. fav song/singer?
That is probably one of the hardest questions anyone ever asks me. 
At the moment I'm in love with an old jazz standard called: Round Midnight. 



3. fav place you would love to visit?
Europe! I'd love to do a Contiki tour. 


4. one item you cannot live without?
Not an item, but I can't live without my two cats :)



5. who would you like to meet?(dead or alive)
The actor Alan Rickman. I think he would be very interesting to talk to. 


6. fav hobby?
Besides reading and writing, It's music. I sing and play piano.


7. guilty pleasure?
Chocolate, especially around Easter time. 


8. fav author and/book?
Without a doubt J.K.Rowling and her Harry Potter series. She is an inspiration to me and her books were practically my childhood. 

9. do you collect anything?
Sheet music. I love having all different types of songs in written form. The best feeling is when I discover a song in my collection that I never knew I had out of the blue.

10. fav color?
Red. I've always wanted to own a bright red dress :)

Great answers!! 



Ava's ordinary life is shattered when she is attacked and becomes involved in a secret society of magic.

Alongside the Keepers, Ava needs to mediate as the magics collide and are becoming out of control. She must Keep the increasing amount of secrets safe - even from her family. But there's a rising tension within this group as Ava replaces a fallen Keeper, and it becomes an issue of trust. The Rogues, betrayers to this creed, threaten to devastate the Keepers, who think themselves safe.

It will take both Ava’s inner and outer strength to overcome the chaos, or as she now knows, the Visma and, by extension, the mysterious Rogues that surround her.


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment