June 15, 2014

Interview with Wendi M. Lee, Author of THE END OF YOU AND ME



*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author?
Hmm, good question. Maybe a cupcake chef, or food truck owner? Hopefully something creative, I'd hate to live life without expressing myself in some way.

*5 years ago: what were you doing?
I was living in New York City and going to school for an MFA in Fiction. I lived five minutes away from a place that served the best lentil soup and zatar pizza. So good! 

*Do you have a certain writing ritual?
I just try to write as much as possible. Usually it's an hour in the morning, and then as much time as I can in the evening. 

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
I was told that a certain scene in The End of You and Me wasn't working. I loved that scene, but I respected my editor's opinion and took it out. Turns out that she was right!

*Ever fangirled over another author? Who was it?
I am a total fangirl, but I especially love John Green. All his books are wonderful. I can't wait to see The Fault in Our Stars on the big screen!

*Is there an author you'd like to meet?
I'd love to meet Margaret Atwood. I greatly respect for her work, and I think she has a brilliant mind and world outlook.

*Biggest writing pet peeve?
I hate writing fighting scenes! I'm writing a fantasy YA now, and I keep tripping over descriptions of swordplay. Maybe I should take a fencing class. Hmm.

* Do you read other's reviews of your books?
Sometimes. Gulp. Sometimes I just put the reviews in a bookmarked folder and wait until I'm braver.
  
Fav Color: Red

Fav food: Churros!

Fav song and/or singer: Right now I'm listening to a lot of Lorde. Her songs make a great writing playlist.


Guilty pleasure: I put hot sauce on almost EVERYTHING.



Wendi M Lee is a writer and poet. She has a MFA from Sarah Lawrence College and a MA from University of Louisville. When she's not writing, she's reading everything from YA to speculative sci-fi to biographies, hanging out at coffee shops, and watching way too much anime.


Website

Goodreads:

Amazon:

Twitter: WendiLee_Author

Sixteen year old Kate can't live without London. Their friendship is intense to the point of obsession. Nothing else matters: not dating, college applications, or her military father's disapproval. When beautiful red haired Anastasia sweeps into town and becomes fast friends with the pair, life changes forever. Suddenly Kate's quiet world is threatened. What makes an honor student like Kate snap? Is it a redhead armed with seduction and lies? And how far will either of them go to get what they want?






No comments:

Post a Comment