June 29, 2014

Review: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 2, Episode 11 by Rachel Higginson

Title: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 2, Episode 11

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author for review

AMAZON  B&N  SMASHWORDS

goodreads...
Zombies- as if that wasn’t enough to ruin any girl’s dream of a happily ever after.

Matthias has forced Reagan to adjust to life at the compound under his new regime. She is imprisoned with Kane while her loved ones are tortured and beaten. She has to watch Tyler and Miller suffer daily. And there is no promise of change.

Thinks are bleak for the Love and Decay crew.

But the opportunity for escape comes from an unlikely source. And Kane doesn’t hesitate to try to get Reagan and her friends to safety.

The journey is perilous and filled with obstacles. The group has limited weapons and are forced to fight two battles when Miller is taken hostage by Matthias.

All Reagan wants is for her friends to be safe and away from this nightmare. But is that asking too much? Is there no hope left at the end of the world? Or will the group finally fight their way out of the Colony’s control?

Love and Decay, Episode Eleven is the eleventh episode in Season Two of a novella series in a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with.

This story takes place over multiple episodes, with a release date every two weeks. Approximately 20,000 words.

My take...
Zombies roamed freely and unchecked, his father ruled with a tyrannical, sadistic fist and yet here he slept, momentarily oblivious to it all.
***

I just cannot and will not go too far into this review. Just know my heart is hurting. Hurting for someone so much. Actually hurting for 2 people so much. I never thought I would have felt this way, but as I turn off my nook, I have to dry the tears from my eyes. It's real and it's raw…these feelings I am experiencing right now.

This episode was completely and utterly tense. I know I say that about each one. But I literally could feel my heart beating and racing up in my throat with each word up until the final moment. Desperation will hang heavy in the air until we get the next and last episode of the season in a few weeks. We don't know who survived, if any one at all. All we can do is hope that Higginson will spare more lives and leave this season on a somewhat happy note. She has too. I not sure how much more us readers can take at this point.

Yes, my review is way shorter than normal, but like I said, there is only so much you can say in a review when you hurt the way I hurt. 5 Rip Your Heart Out In The End Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment