August 20, 2015

Review: PEACE PIPER by Allie Burton

Title: PEACE PIPER

Author: Allie Burton

Source: eARC from author to review



goodreads...

Her mother imprisoned by a murderous Egyptian cult.
An ancient instrument with powers to ensnare her teenage soul forever.
A handsome warrior who trusts her with his life and who she must betray.

Piper Akins hates working with brainy Soul Warrior Math to find the ancient trumpet of peace. She was chosen for the search because Piper doesn’t slip into unconsciousness when the trumpet is played—a connection from an unknown, but powerful father.

Math was chosen for the quest because of his brilliance, but he wants to prove to his warrior brothers that he’s strong and more than just a brain. When Piper tricks him, he realizes he’s failed at both.

As they pursue their mission, Math helps Piper discover her hereditary magic and teaches her to use the powers. She finds her true self and is drawn to him as they create their own kind of magic. Until Piper is ordered to betray Math to save her dying mother.


My take...

Piper is sent off to retrieve an ancient trumpet that is intended to save her mother from a sickness that doesn’t have a name. So when it is stolen before she can even get her hands on it, she is forced to work with Math, a Soul Warrior. Soon she starts realizing that all she has ever known may very well be a lie. And that she is more powerful than she ever believed.

What started off a tad rocky for me (probably because I haven't read the first 2, but was told this was a standalone) soon became a book I hated being away from. I was really, really enjoying what I was reading. So much so, I cannot wait to read book 1.

Yep, it didn't take long and I was jiving along with this storyline and wondering what would happen between Math (adorable name, right?) and Piper (equally adorable). I also wondered if Piper would be able to save her mother from the clutches of Aaron and whisk her off to find healing. Would Piper be able to sort through all the questions weighing down on her before time runs out? All these will be answered before the end of the book. So don't fret.

I think readers who read the first 2 books are really going to like what they read in this one. I mean, I loved it and I am eagerly awaiting a free moment to start the series from the beginning. The characters are fun, flirty and mysterious. The storyline is engaging and wonderfully paced. Oh yes, I am digging these Soul Warriors and their history. 5 Magical Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment