August 28, 2017

4*Review: Raven's Mark by Angel Lawson

Title: RAVEN'S MARK 

Author: Angel Lawson

Source: kindle unlimited


Goodreads…

A little luck is exactly what Morgan needs in her life. When her acceptance letter from NYU arrives she thinks maybe things are about to change.

She just doesn’t realize how much.

It's quite thrilling enough to discover that her new home is a beautiful mansion. But then she discovers her housemates.

Five wildly attractive young artists.

It's easy to get swept up in the fairytale of it all, but this house carries with it a secret... and so do the five enticing and charming men.

In time, Morgan learns the six of them must wield this knowledge--together--if they're going to save the world.


My take…

I am not a huge Greek mythology geek by any means. I wouldn’t even consider myself a mediocre Greek geek. So any and all correlation between the mythology and this book was absolutely lost on me. But it was just past 1am and I had just finished book 5 of Lawson’s Death Field’s series and I still wasn’t tired. As I went over to Amazon to purchase book 6, I noticed this one. And thought what the heck.

Not one that usually gravitates to books that have a lot of lustfulness to them, this book surprised me. Most of the time I enjoy romance and all that it entails. But lusty books? I think my fear is those books tend to have the sexy scenes drown out the actual plot. With this book, I believe the quick pace helped make this not the case. There is an actual story brewing and I liked that about it.

But the quick pace of the story is also what had me rating this book 4 stars. I felt sometimes the story was rushed and to me, the last sexy scene with a certain character just came out of nowhere. Whereas all the others seemed to build a little more. I would have loved for some of the scenes to have been drawn out more and maybe bit more history on the guys as well.

In the end, it was great, quick read. I even went to get the second book only to see it doesn’t release until tomorrow. So I am diving back into her zombie series and finally finishing that one off. I have been on such a Lawson binge this past week, and have loved every second of it. And it is easy to understand why. She is such a fantastic author with a knack for writing such amazing, tantalizing, thought provoking reads! 4 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment