August 25, 2011

Getting to know Book Bloggers...

Today's Bloggers are YA Bound!!!
Lets meet Trish and Rachel

Name of your blog?
YA Bound


What books do you review?
Rachel: YA books. Any and all. We both enjoy Paranormal, and my tastes run to more Contemporary, Historical, and Magical Realism.
Trish: What she said lol. Yup, I’m prone to Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Dystopian, and High Fantasy. Really, anything that’s within those genres and grabs my attention. No matter what, the characters are the most important thing to me. And of course it has to be YA.

Who helps run your blog?
Rachel: Trish started this blog and did a phenomenal job the last year. We joined forces recently and it's been a blast.
Trish: As Rachel stated above, I started YA Bound a year ago, and it’s been so rewarding. Rachel’s my critique partner, and awesome, so I asked her to help out. It’s starting to get really busy there. And now that she’s joined on, we can host so many more contests, live chats, giveaways, and offer more reviews. She rocks!
Best book of 2011?
Trish: Oh wow! There’s so many! There’s no way I can pick a favorite, so I’ll go with one I just recently finished that blew my mind. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. Elisa, the protagonist, was phenomenal. And the setting and plot, just amazing.
Rachel: Best book of 2011? That's like asking me to pick a favorite child lol. I think I'll have to go with an ARC I picked up at ALA this summer--the line to get it was unreal--Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. It comes out next month but I inhaled this book in my hotel the night I got it. Great follow up to Anna and the French Kiss.

Best Author interview/experience?
Rachel: Best author experience. Hmm. I tend to go a little fan girl (ha!) But I think I'll say it was with Holly Schindler when she told me that she printed out my review of her book Playing Hurt and hung a paragraph from it on her fridge for inspiration. To know I gave a little back to the author of a book I enjoyed so much really made me happy and showed me why I do this.
Trish: Dude, I have no idea lol. I’ve been so privileged to talk, or email, or whatever with awesome authors, I would have to say all. Every single author that I’ve either met in person, done an interview with, or corresponded with in email or chats has always been a positive experience. Their love of the craft and their books, characters, the journey, is so inspirational. Yup, they’ve all been wonderful.

Links to your blog/facebook/twitter

Trish: Twitter: @TrishWolfe
 And my personal author blog: http://trishawolfe.blogspot.com/
You can also find me and my upcoming debut YA, DESTINY’S FIRE, at Goodreads:

Rachel: Twitter: @EndingUnplanned and @RachelHarrisYA.
Along with YA Bound, you can find me at
Facebook:

Ladies this was an awesome post! Thanks so much for sharing!! I really enjoyed reading what you both had to say.

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the blogger posts! Can't wait to get to know other bloggers =) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great feature - book bloggers are seriously some of the most dedicated people I've ever met. How cool to spotlight them for a change. :)

    ReplyDelete