Top 10 with author Emlyn Chand.
Her book Farsighted was just recently released. So lets get to know Emlyn....
1. fav movie/actor/actress? I love the Harry Potter books and movies. I’m 26, but that didn’t stop me from going to the midnight showing of HP7-2! And Rupert Grint, who plays Ron, is just genius! As far as actresses, I find Kajol (who’s a Bollywood starlet) very inspiring and fun.
2. fav song/singer? Here’s an answer you never saw coming from a paranormal author: Frank Sinatra. I love Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, anything happy. They “make me smile in my heart.”
3. fav place you would love to visit? I really want to take a trip to London. I’ve never been to Europe despite having spent considerable time in India. It’s time to hit the GB.
4. one item you cannot live without? My pet Sun Conure Ducky. It’s pretty well-known that I’m a crazy bird lady. I even made my Ducky the spokes-model for my business, Novel Publicity. You can visit www.novelpublicity.com to see Ducky dressed up as a pirate, a DJ, a book nerd, and all kinds of other fun stuff to represent our different service branches. People really love him, but nowhere near as much as I do.
5. who would you like to meet?(dead or alive) It would be an interesting experience meeting James Joyce. I’ve never read anything that compares to Ulysses either in scope or strangeness. I’d like to ask him where he got the idea for the floating bar of soap that talks to Leo Bloom, and I’d also like to find out if he was clinically insane or just a really eccentric dude.
6. fav hobby? Obviously, writing, reading, and all things books. What writer would answer with anything different?
7. guilty pleasure? Taco Bell. I just can’t help myself :-(
8. fav author and/book? Ooo. JK Rowling, Suzanne Collins, and JD Salinger are classic faves. I’m currently reading Matched by Ally Condie and am absolutely loving it. As a child, my favorite book was Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crocket Johnson. It opened my eyes to the world that could exist if only I was willing to create it—I think it’s what encouraged me to be a writer in the first place. As an adult, it’s A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, definitely. The novel has so many layers and entertains on so many levels. Also the characters in that novel seem more real than those from any other I’ve ever read. It’s just beautiful—that’s the only word for it.
9. do you collect anything? Books! I have a wall in my office that is 8 feet high by 17 feet long but all my books don’t fit there I have several big boxes in my basement and lots more on my Kindle too. My collection brings me great joy :-)
10. fav color? Grey. Most people think that’s weird, but grey is awesome!
Oh wow, and here I thought I was the only one who adored grey. I sooo want to see all your books, it sounds amazing you have that many.
Farsighted Teaser: Alex Kosmitoras may be blind, but he can still “see” things others can’t. When his unwanted visions of the future begin to suggest that the girl he likes could be in danger, he has no choice but to take on destiny and demand it reconsider. Get it on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
My Bio: Emlyn Chand has always loved to hear and tell stories, having emerged from the womb with a fountain pen grasped firmly in her left hand (true story). When she’s not writing, she runs a large book club in Ann Arbor and is the president of author PR firm, Novel Publicity. Emlyn loves to connect with readers and is available throughout the social media interweb. Visit www.emlynchand.com for more info. Don’t forget to say “hi” to her sun conure Ducky!
Get in touch with Emlyn here...
From now until Nov 16th you can enter to win one of 16 copies of Farsighted up for grabs.
go HERE to enter