November 30, 2011

Top 10 with author Deborah Riley-Magnus

Top 10 with Deborah Riley-Magnus, author of Cold in California. In the next couple weeks I will be reviewing it. But in the mean time lets see what Deborah has to say ;)

1. guilty pleasure? I'm a retired culinary chef and my guilty pleasure is inventing new ways of doing old dishes. It makes my family crazy because my least favorite meals to cook are the ones where all the flavor profiles MUST BE THE SAME. I actually tried to stuff a duck (with dried fruits and shallots and wonderful wild rice) instead of a turkey for Thanksgiving one year, LOL. Didn't go over so well.
2. 1 book you could read over and over? Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible, it's absolutely groundbreaking and painfully beautiful!
3. fictional character you would love to spend the day with? The Cowardly Lion because sometimes I need to feel very brave.
4. one thing you cannot leave the house without? Lipstick. Yeah, I'm one of those girly girls.
5. fav song/singer? Right now, Jackson Browne, In the Shape of a Heart. He's currently the inspiration and mood behind the book I'm writing (Monkey Jump, book 2 in the Twice-Baked Vampire series)
6. hobby? Baking. I'm so bad at it, but I have discovered that a nice coating of melted chocolate covers a variety of mistakes.
7. fave movie/actor and or/actress? Hands down, Russell Crowe.
8. one place you would love to visit? Tuscany. I want to someday rent a villa and hire a chef to teach me the local techniques and flavors!
9. fav food? Anything made well at a good independently owned restaurant. I get so tired of chains.
10. fav color? Red. Yes, power, fire engine, hot, hot, hot, red.
Ok you have made me very hungry talking about stuffed ducks and all! YUM! I actually would have been happy that Thanksgiving lol!! Thanks for all your great answers!
Go track down Deborah here...

No comments:

Post a Comment