December 31, 2011

Mini Review: The Initiate by Megg Jensen {Novella}

The Initiate by Megg Jensen
mini review


Title: The Initiate
(The Cloud Prophet Series and The Swarm Triology)

Author: Megg Jensen

Publisher: Darkside Publishing

Publish Date: Dec 25, 2011




goodreads...

Before Anathema...
Before Sleepers...
There was The Initiate
Over a thousand years ago, the gods left Eloh's people and took their magic with them. To win back their favor, her people sacrifice ten female initiates every ten years. No has ever survived. There has never been a Chosen One.
Forced into becoming an initiate, Eloh will try to find a way to beat the odds, stay with her boyfriend, and survive the fires that threaten to consume her. But will her lack of faith in the gods and her disbelief in their magic doom her to a painful death?

My take...

I have yet to read Anathema or Sleepers, although both are sitting on my nook right now. But thought I would read this novella first. It gives readers a look at how it all started. Eloh is a goddess, a common ancestor that is shared between both Cloud Prophet Series and the Swarm Trilogy. I found Megg Jensen’s writing flows really well and look forward to reading more of her work. I am not sure if we will get more of Eloh’s human life in Jensen’s books, but would like to see what happens. I found her a very interesting character and the brief prophecy at the end of the story would make for a very good book. Guess I will have to continue on with both series to see what unfolds. I recommend this book if you are just about to read her series or have read them already.



No comments:

Post a Comment