December 5, 2011

Top 10 with Author Annie Oldham

Today's Top 10 is with Author Annie Oldham. She is the author of The Burn. I am hoping things settle down soon to review it.



1. fav movie/actor/actress?
I love really visual movies. Like Hero, with Jet Li. Or The Fountain with Hugh Jackman. Things that are just gorgeous to look at get me every time.

2. fav song/singer?
Adele. Oh, Adele. Her voice is velvet and she sings with such great raw emotion.

3. fav place you would love to visit?
During college I studied for two months in Spain. I would go back there in a heart beat. The culture, the architecture, the food. Mmm...the food. They have this drink called chocolate a la taza, which is basically hot chocolate, but so thick and rich it's like melted chocolate bars. It's to die for. It makes an appearance in my next book, Bound.

4. one item you can not live with out?
Is a shower an item? I'm calling it an item for the purposes of this interview. I have two cute young daughters, and I shut myself in the shower and turn the water on hot, and for ten minutes I just ignore whatever chaos is in the house. It's my sanctuary.

5. who would you like to meet?(dead or alive)
J.R.R. Tolkien. I love The Lord of the Rings (I'm a total geek), and I'd really like to know how he came up with all those languages and all that mythology. It's genius.

6. fav hobby?
Playing the piano and singing. I've grown up with music, and I love having it in my house now. I sing and play the piano and my daughters will dance to it. Makes me smile every time.

7. guilty pleasure?
Anything sweet. I have way too persistent of a sweet tooth. It gets away from me now and then. Or more often than not. Or almost everyday. Whatever.

8. fav author and/book?
Depends on what I'm reading at the moment. I go in binges where I read a book and then have to read everything the author's written. I was on a Robin McKinley binge for a while. But I've just discovered Paranormalcy by Kiersten White and I have the sequel on hold at the library.

9. do you collect anything?
Just dust bunnies under my couch.

10. fav color?
Red.

Sounds like we have the same collection going on..we should share stories. Oh and for the love of Pete I tried watching Lord of The Rings and just couldn't go 30 mins into it. But seriously..great answers!

Want to get in touch with Annie? Here you go...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous03 June, 2012

    whoah this blog is excellent i really like studying your articles.
    Stay up the good work! You know, lots of people are hunting
    round for this information, you can help them greatly.
    My website :: Murcia houses for sale

    ReplyDelete