January 2, 2012

Review: Existence by Abbi Glines

Existence by Abbi Glines
review

Title: Existence

Author: Abbi Glines

Publisher: Wild Child Publishing

Publish Date: Dec 12, 2011

Source: bought off Barnes and Noble myself



goodreads...

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.
Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.
Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.
Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.
He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.

 
My take...
Pagan is starting her senior year of school off to a bad start. Not only does the ‘soul’ she sees outside of school the first day follow her into her classroom, but he has the nerve to be gorgeous and actually talk to her. No souls have ever talked to her. Ever since she was little she has seen them, wondering aimlessly through life. But none have ever talked to her. Then to top off the talking soul, Leif, jock and class A jerk, asks Pagan for tutoring. Yeah, that’s the last thing she wants to do, is have to help this arrogant jock her last year.
But once Pagan and Leif start their study sessions, she realizes she was wrong about him, that he is actually a good guy. Then something else weird happens, her talkative-soul-friend, well he actually starts attended school and now everyone can see him. Is Pagan going mental? And if not, why is she falling for this mysterious soul?
Where oh where do I start? Lastnight (New Year’s Eve) I decided to bring in the New Year reading Miss Glines’ newest book. To me that is the best celebration I could do. (You don’t get out much with a hubby that has to work the next day and 3 young kids). I wasn’t planning on reviewing Existence cause I have like 12 other reviews lined up. But once I finished the last word of the story I knew I had to say something.

Loved Pagan, she is a smart chick with a good head on her shoulders. I like seeing girls in stories that are smart, but not overly. You want them to be believable and relatable, and Pagan is. Now the guys in the story are both hot and gorgeous and absolutely swoon worthy. I had a hard time choosing between Dank and Leif. Yeah how adorable are those names? But as the story went on, I felt myself gravitating more towards Dank. Even with him trying to push her away, you can’t help but want him.
The storyline was definitely different than any I have read and I truly look forward to the next book in the series, Predestined. And after that cliffhanger of all cliffhangers, you will too. *Runs back to read the last paragraph one more time* Yep, it’s a biggie! Existence was the perfect book to ring in the New Year and a must read for all readers!

5 comments:

  1. I have seen this book popping up on blogs--and I love the eyes of the guy on the cover! I will add it to by TBR. Thanks!

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Abbi the best??! I dont know how she does it, but she consistently writes great stories w/relatable, endearing characters and HOT guys. I was more drawn to Leif, for some reason, and after that last semtence I am dying to find out what is up w/him. What a cruel ending!
    Can't wait to read Predestined!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I absolutely love her books. I don't remember guys at my school (when I was in high school) look that hot! :(
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read one of Abbi's books, but I'm leaning toward The Vincent Boys. I'm glad you liked it and it encouraged you to make this post !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat C all her books are awesome! loved Breathe too by her. you can't go wrong with her books

    ReplyDelete