February 1, 2012

Review: When Destiny Knocks by Heather M. White

When Destiny Knocks by Heather M. White
review


Title: When Destiny Knocks

Author: Heather M White

Source: ebook from author for review
goodreads...
16 year old Karlie has had a pretty normal life... But when her Mom dies she is force to move over 1,000 miles away to live with her Dad. That's when things start getting weird.

She can't explain the earthquakes that nobody else feels, or why she no longer sleeps. But most of all she doesn't know why she trusts Shane so much, even though his Dad wants her dead.

Suddenly, Karlie's normal life is turned upside down and she enters a world she never dreamed could really exist.


My Take…
Karlie is moving from New York to small town Arkansas after her mother dies, and going to live with her father who she hasn’t seen in years. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in Arkansas. Or does it? Strange things start happening and no one will give Karlie answers. And then on the first day Karlie is drawn to Shane and can’t stop thinking about him and his green eyes. She knows he holds the answers to her questions but he won’t tell her anything. And why is everyone else so set on keeping her away from him?
When Destiny Knocks was an interesting short read. I wasn’t blown away with the story as a whole but really enjoyed it. I just thought it started off a little too much like Twilight. I don’t know, that’s just my opinion. But the rest of the story held its own and was very different than most of what I have read lately. And I did like that its based out of a town that I know. I am from Arkansas, and while the author makes it seem like it only has a few people in the town it is actually one of the bigger towns in the state. It’s just neat seeing a story with a town that I am actually familiar with.
Fan of angels, demons, and humans who are meant to save mankind from the clutches of evil? Love stories with a crazy cliffhanger endings? Then this book is for you!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the book! I can't wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Thank you so much for taking the time to review my book! :)

    And, Jonesboro is a rather large town (or so I thought), then I moved to St. Louis for 2 years... I tried to think how a girl from New York would think... Jonesboro keeps growing! The population has went up about 10k recently!

    ReplyDelete