March 8, 2012

Review: Remembering Zane by J.S. Wilsoncroft

Title: Remembering Zane

Author: J.C. Wilsoncroft

Publisher: Firefly & Wisp Book Publishing

Source: bought off Barnes and Noble

goodreads...
At ten years old, Bonnie Reese knew the minute she laid eyes on Zane Withers, that he would forever have a place in her heart. After years of dating, then finally going their separate ways, Bonnie always dreamed that eventually they would get back together.
But those dreams were shattered as so was her heart, when she got the devastating news that her beloved Zane had been killed. As she faced her worse nightmare of going to his funeral, Bonnie runs into Zane’s best friend Jonathan Wood. Little did she know, Jonathan has had deep feelings for her since the 7th grade. Now that his best friend is gone, will Jonathan have the guts to tell her that he’s loved her since high school? Or will he keep his secret to himself forever?
My take...
I knew the moment I saw the summary to this book I just had to read it. I didn't realize it was a short story however. But I was still very happy with all that happened in the book.
With most short stories it’s hard for me to get a good feel on characters because of the lack of time authors can devote on them. And that’s one reason I am not a huge fan of them. But with Remembering Zane I felt the author gave them just enough for us to know who they are, giving them a more developed feel than most story stories.
The storyline was great; I just loved the idea that even though she lost the love of her life, or so she thought, there was someone there who had loved her all along. The only thing I found wrong with the story was, wait for it....it was a short story. Gosh, would have loved for it to have been longer!!!
I talked to the author the other night and she is getting ready to publish her next book, The Unfaithful Widow. And I am very excited about this due to loving Remembering Zane!

No comments:

Post a Comment