June 5, 2012

Review: Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson

Title: Reckless Magic

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: ebook from author for review

goodreads...
16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and she is determined to simply do that. But when she meets Kiran Kendrick and her world opens to something she thought only existed in fairy tales, she's unsure what her future will hold. Suddenly she is captivated by a boy who seems to be the source of all of her problems and struggling to rescue her best friend from a foreign prison. When attempts are made on Kiran's life, Eden alone must save him. Thrust into a world that is more make-believe than reality, Eden has to find her own destiny without losing those she loves most. Reckless is an intricate story of mystery, adventure, magic and love. Eden Matthews is an unlikely heroine set on a path to save the world and her loved ones before it’s too late.
My take...
O.M.G this book had me feeling all kinds of aggravated. Not in a bad way at all...just with the characters. They drove me batty; absolutely wanted to knock some heads around. And you know those dreams where you are screaming at the top of your lungs but no one is listening? That's Eden to a T. Poor girl is over looked and unwanted. The teachers treat her with disrespect and the students are cruel and mean. I will say the girl has an iron tongue, cause if it was me I would have told each and every one of them off.
And then there is Kiran. I tried to like him when he is first introduced in the beginning of the story but his arrogant attitude kept holding me back. So throughout the majority of the book I was on the fence about him. One second he is Mr. Debonair and the next he is a heartless a$$ hat. (YES..I.Went.There!) But thanks to a desperate act and one amazing ending I can proudly say I am Team Kiran!
Reckless Magic has a definite page turner that I was eager to return to when having to put it down. I was enthralled and had to know more about Eden and the secrets of her kind. I predicted a few characters to be who I thought they were and mentally gave myself a high five for figuring it out before their identities were disclosed.
I enjoyed Reckless Magic immensely and look forward to getting started on the next book, Hopeless Magic, soon. So if you’re a fan of magic and fantasy encased and hidden from the real world…Reckless Magic is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment