July 9, 2012

Review: Hopeless Magic by Rachel Higginson

Title: Hopeless Magic

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: ebook from author for review

Amazon...
After returning home from Romania, and successfully saving her best friend Lilly, Eden Matthews must now come to terms with her future as an Immortal. She is in love with the Crowned Prince, but he is betrothed to someone else.

Her family desperately wants her to join their rebellion, but that would mean fighting against her one, true love, Kiran Kendrick. She must fight off assassins that want her dead, an Immortal rite of passage that takes her to India and a deadly disease that no one has thus far survived. Danger seems to lurk around every corner as Eden Matthews struggles to keep her true identity a secret and protect those that she loves.

Eden must find a way to be with Kiran, or turn her back on him forever and fight to save her people. Hopeless Magic is the second installment of the Star-Crossed series.

Please do not read if you have yet to read Reckless Magic!! There will possibly be spoilers for book one.

My take...
Eden and Kiran are back home and keeping their relationship secret from his parents and his fiancĂ© until he can show them that Eden is the one he wants. Only her family and friends know the truth. But each day gets harder and harder for the young couple and their forbidden love. Especially when the Prince’s cousin, Sebastian, shows up. Kiran tries to make Eden see he is here for him. Only Eden believes it’s for something more…like to spy on her for the King. And when Eden starts getting attacked…it’s only a matter of time before her true identity is found out.

Are you freakin kidding me? That was one crazy, emotionally charged ending if I have ever seen one. I am shell shocked...fambozzelled...flabbergasted! Rachel, honey dear, you took that story in a crazy way. Am I upset? Hellz no! I loved it. I am boarding that crazy train with you and riding it to the very end. Let's do this folks...jump aboard!

Hopeless Magic was full of mystery, suspense and lots of romance. Three things I love in a book...especially the romance. But Kiran, Kiran, Kiran. What can I say about him? He had me at times wanting to pull my hair out and the next second I was secretly swooning over him. I had my doubts about him and after that ending...I am hoping the roller coaster ride is over. I am exhausted deciding if I like him or not. I do know however, that I am loving me some Jericho in Hopeless Magic...he is the one that Eden needs to get with. He is just too sweet for words.

What starts out as kind of a slow read soon turns into a book that is anything but.  Twists and turns are what this book is all about. Rachel knows what she is doing and her books are proof of that. I am addicted to her magic wielding characters and her crazy world she invented for them. So here is to Fearless Magic…I hope to read you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment