July 27, 2012

Shelly Crane's REVOLUTION Excerpt & Give@way!!


Hot Hands
Ryan

I watched as Jeff crumpled to the ground, taking another hit from the thing we had yet to identify. I ran my hands through my hair with frustration at having absolutely no idea what to do. My human brain just wouldn’t think.

I began to feel the tug and buzz of my conscience. I cocked my head to the side, and hoped and prayed that Calvin wasn't doing anything stupid. He had begun to be aggressive in his efforts to help us and fight, but there was no way in hell or on this Earth I was letting that happen.

And when that thought hit me, so did another. My conscience…it wasn't buzzing because Calvin was in trouble, it was buzzing because this was Calvin's task. In all the hustle of fighting and trying so hard to keep our charges safe, we'd forgotten the most important thing. The reason the Specials were special and needed to be protected was to keep them safe until their task was presented to us and could be fulfilled.

I gulped down my petty fear and ran. I saw Miguel eyeing me as I ran passed him, like he couldn’t believe I was being the coward I was. But he didn't know what I was up to.
I yelled to let Marissa know it was me and she swung the door open. I ran passed her without explanation right to the door that I knew Ann was guarding on the other side. I stopped for just a second and took a breath. Please, please, God, let me be right.

Ann, it's me. Open up.
Did something else happen? What are you doing down here.
Open the door, Ann.

She opened it with a scowl that quickly morphed into horror as she read my thoughts. "No! Ryan, what are you thinking!"

"He's my Special. Move." I deposited her to the side swiftly and went to Calvin. I tried really hard not to glance at Ellie, because I didn't want to deal with two things at once, but I still couldn’t stop them from glancing her way. She stood, her mouth slightly open, and watched me. Calvin looked up, shocked to see me and even more shocked when I took his arm and said, "Come on, champ. You're getting your wish."
He grinned and made a noise of excitement, but then Sherry stopped me with a hand on my arm.

"Ryan, what's going on?"

"He needs to do this," I said low. "I've been so blind lately, we all have. Their Specials for a reason, Sherry. This is his job, his task," I emphasized. Her eyes went too round and she bit her lip. She looked at Calvin with a look that a mother would give. I felt her pain, literally, it hurt me to think about this, but it had to be done.

"O-ok," she stuttered. "I mean," she turned to Lana, "he's not my son."

Lana was a different kind of woman and mother. She was perceptive beyond what most people were capable of. She gave me this look that told me she understood. She smiled and broke at the same time and signed 'What I wouldn't do to change things, but they are what they are.'

I bowed to her slightly in thanks and pulled Calvin's arm. He came willingly and said, "Yes! Finally! I've waited so long for this that I was starting to feel like it would never happen unless I made it happen."

I stopped in my stubborn, inhuman tracks. Was that a message directly for me or was it? I turned to Ellie, who still looked at me with a longing that I had known was there for a while now. She was shy, like me and my human self. I had kept her at a distance because I feared hurting her. If this all ended today, could I give up the After to stay here and die a human? What if I fell in love with her, would that change my decision? Merrick and Jeff were pretty adamant and sure of their decisions.

Could I risk breaking her heart to explore that?

My body answered for me as I found myself propelling across the carpeted floor to her. She let her arms fall to the sides and closed her eyes, squinting in a way as if I'd hit her instead of kiss her. I plowed into her, my arms going around her like I'd seen the other men do so many times. My lips took their first taste of female flesh and I felt a growl work its way into my throat. But she whimpered and that halted all movement, until she gripped my neck and tugged me closer.



Revolution - September 2012



GIVEAWAY!!!


UPDATE!!!! Since COLLIDE is free right now...Shelly has offered up a SIGNED copy of COLLIDE instead!!! 


Now we have played this game before. All you have to do is tell me your fav Shelly Crane book or Shelly Crane man. You can fill out the form or leave your answer in the comments. If you do in the comments...don't forget your email.

My fav book is COLLIDE. My fav man of course is Merrick. (Hands off ladies!) So I obviously cannot wait until REVOLUTION comes out.

So fill out the form and I will choose a winner on Aug 2nd.
GIVEAWAY OVER




7 comments:

  1. Anonymous27 July, 2012

    Not sure it took my response, feel free to delete one if it did! My favorite Shelly Crane Man is Caleb all the way!!! ;)

    Robin Abels
    rabels@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Significance Series and CALEB

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite books are the significance Series because they are the first of Shelly's books I ever read and made me an instant fan!!!
    Kmarlein@gmail.com
    Krystal marlein

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite books are the Significance series and my favorite man is Caleb. But seriously, it's SO hard to pick because all the books are AMAZING and all the men are super YUMMY!!

    ljaquier1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Caleb from Significance. It makes me think the real paranormal aspect isn't the aces, but him. It is simply not natural to be that perfect :)

    juarezjl2581@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say Caleb. I so want one of my own to keep in my closet! I read all of Shelly's books over and over but significance as a series is my favorite. Is there anything more yummy and romantic than Caleb>!!
    iteachfl@aol.com
    Jody D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like Caleb and the signifigance series are my favorite. i just can't wait to read these and these are my second favorite!!

    ReplyDelete