August 31, 2012

FanFic 5: Interview with Fanfic Author TexasBella


Please welcome Fanfic Author R.E.. Hargrave (akaTexasBella) to 
the blog for our 2nd FanFic 5 interview. Also, I might add that she
recently signed on with Renaissance Romance Publishing to get her Divine Trilogy published. So a HUGE congrats goes out to her.





What got you into writing fanfic?

I first discovered fanfic through FiftyEight Nights by Eowyn77 ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4721026/1/FiftyEight_Nights) which I stumbled upon on Facebook... I'd never even heard of fanfiction before then. I was hooked with the first story and haven't looked back. I was just a reader for about a year, then decided to take the plunge and start writing. My stuff, however, falls into the adult category, so if you aren't of proper age in your country, best not be clicking on my links! I first posted in October of 2010 and I have now taken an even bigger plunge and submitted to a publishing house, with whom I have a meeting this week to discuss contract negotiations!


What are some of your favorite books and/or authors?


Typically if it has vampires in it, I'll like it. I've always been a fan of Stephen King and Anne Rice. In the last few years, I've also discovered J.R. Ward, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris and Diana Gabaldon (which ironically does not have vampires, but does involve traveling back in time.) If I start listing actual books, we'll be here all day!




Do you go by an outline? Or is this something you play
by ear?

While working on a story, I'll plan kind of a beginning, middle and end in my head ... but no formal outline. I tend to let the characters guide me in the telling of their story. As time has gone on, and I've taken on multiple projects at the same time, I am more inclined to jot down ideas when a new 'bunny' comes to me, however. Best case is a very loose outline!

What
is your dream cast for your fanfic?


As I wrote WIR with the current cast in place, I can't imagine thinking up new people.



Give us a blurb for your story...

Edward is the proprietor of Bran Castle in the heart of Romania. He carries a heavy burden which torments him. When Bella crosses paths with him will she be the one to help shoulder his grief, or will her presence only make it worse? NC-17 for mature situations. 
This
short story (meaning each chapter is roughly 1k words) started off as a one shot that penquincullen won during the Junkin' for Joplin auction that was held to raise money for victims of Joplin, MO that were hit by an F5 tornado. But the characters wouldn't stop talking, so she got more than the one shot she bid on! Keeping this a "charity" piece, the epilogue was then written and donated to the 2011 compilation for Toys 4 Tots before it was added publicly.

Out of everything I've written, this one is probably the most 'canon' though not completely. At its heart, it is a love story that shows fate and destiny do matter.


my penname on FF.net, TWCS and A03: texasbella




NC-17 for mature situations.

**Winner of the 2011 Hidden Star Awards "Best Vamp"













Twitter:
 
@REHargrave



1 comment: