September 28, 2012

Review: Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy



Title: Flight

Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy

Source: ebook from author


Older YA/ New Adult Read

goodreads...
Sometimes you just have to take flight.


A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.


My take...
Allie thought spending the summer at her father's new hotel working would be the perfect opportunity to get acclimated to living on her own before college at Princeton started up that fall. She also thought she would be spending that summer man less. That is until she walks into her father’s hotel and locks eyes with a gorgeous guy. Yep, who was she kidding? Her summer was about to get a whole lot interesting.

I have been on a roll lately reading some pretty awesome books and Flight was no different. I inhaled that book until there was nothing left. (I obviously mean that in a good way.) The whole storyline was fun and kept my interest the entire time. I loved the idea that Alyssa presented to the readers and her writing is spot on. It was the perfect story rolled up into a perfectly paced phenomenal read.

As for characters I wasn't sure if I would like Levi at first. In a lot of ways he reminded me of Kiran from Rachel Higginson’s Star-Crossed series. And if you know me you know I cannot stand him any longer. So I was a little scared that Levi would fall into that category of ‘Infuriating Guys’. But luckily Levi redeemed himself a little bit and all is right with the world….for now.

I like Allie’s character too. Obviously she doesn't have the best track record with guys if she has decided to swear them off for the summer. But Lord help that girl when she takes notice of Levi…the girl doesn't stand a chance next to him. And I liked her relationship with the girl characters of the story. The dialogue was exactly what you would expect from a couple girls who just finished high school. Everything flowed well and was easy to follow.

Alyssa Rose Ivy I am diggin this new series of yours…A LOT! I am in desperate need of the next book, Focus, like now! So if you are in need of a good read with a different take on paranormals…please, please try Flight today.

A fav scene from the story…
“Vampires are low lying?”
“They suck blood from people, how much more of a bottom dweller can you imagine?”
“True. But I don’t know…they seem more glamorous in books and movies.”
Yes, because books and movies always get things right.” He shook his head. 

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I really loved this book to and I am dying for Focus.

    ReplyDelete