October 29, 2012

Review: One Petal Flower by Kristi Ayers



Title: One Petal Flower

Author: Kristi Ayers

Source: ebook from author for review

Amazon  B&N  Smashwords
goodreads


goodreads...
Darian Moon would give anything to be close to Jonas again. Despite reassurances from a friend that her late boyfriend is still around, she is willing to sacrifice everything to be with him, even her own life...
Two forces, motivated by different goals, wage a battle for her heart and soul, leaving Darian to decide which route to take in order to get back to the boy whose soul will not cross over until she finds another who will earn from her, a one petal flower.

My take...
"This flower I give to you has one petal because I never want you to question my love for you. If you pick the petal off you will be able to say 'he loves me' as there are no other petals for you to say 'he loves me not'."

Darian has recently lost her boyfriend, Jonas, in a terrible accident. Now she is shipped off to live with her grandmother while her parents start new lives for themselves. Here Darian will have to decide if the life she has is worth living for…or will life be better spent with Jonas…in death. Along the way, Darian will meet people who will want to help her choose life and some that want her to pick death. Will someone she encounter be worth sticking around for? Or will death have the final say?

One Petal Flower was a fantastic read. I fell for this book and I fell hard. How could I not? It had a unique story line and held some awesome secrets within its pages. I was actually a little surprised at some of the books revelations. And have I ever mentioned I love to be surprised when reading a book? Well I do. Just when you think you are starting to understand a little about where the author is taking the story, she throws a curve ball at you. It was perfect and I never saw them coming.

I really enjoyed the characters and all they brought to the story. Again, just when you think something is happening between Darian and a certain guy...BAM! Another guy gets to walk in and vie for Darian's attention. And usually I am all ‘Really? Another one?’ when an author brings in more than 2 guys that fall for a girl in a book. But Ayers did a great job at unfolding the whole romance part of the story. Each guy, in my opinion, were great guys. Yes, even the wicked one. I won’t say who my favorite character was though. Because he is one of those curve balls I mentioned. Just wait…you’ll see.

I strongly suggest you read One Petal Flower if you love reading about the supernatural/paranormal. Ayers brings ghosts and werewolves together in this marvelous read that I found hard to put down. I think fans of Kelley Armstrong’s Darkest Powers series will really enjoy this one.  Oh and did I mention I heard the author is working on a sequel? It will be a must read for me!


2 comments:

  1. Great review. I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. One Petal Flower turned out to be a story I thought about long after closing that back cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mandy for your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed One Petal Flower. You are a true blessing to all indie authors out there. :)

    ReplyDelete