December 18, 2012

Review: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski



Title: The Edge of Never

Author: J.A. Redmerski

Source: bought at B&N

Amazon  B&N  goodreads



Side Note: How unbelievably awesome is that cover?! 

Due to sexual content and language, this book is recommended for 17+ – Adult Contemporary Women’s – New Adult Fiction

goodreads...
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?

My take...
I had been seeing this book around facebook for a couple weeks here and there. Then an author friend mentioned that the book had like a hell of a lot of reviews and the majority were 5 stars. Nothing new there, right? Yeah except the book hadn't even been out a month yet. Dudes, this is like huge. So I went over to B&N and bought a copy for my nook. A few days later I started it and found it ok. Wasn't a lot happening at the time. But it was just one of those reads that is ok like that. Just a good read that didn't require a whole lot your strength to read. You know what I am talking about? There are some books out there that you feel exhausted after reading them. At least I feel that way sometimes.

Like I said the book was just going along without a lot happening. So I kept reading and then before I knew it, the book snuck up on me revealing it is more than just a feel good read; more than just another fluff read. This book was full of wonderful, full of sadness, full of steaminess. This book ripped my heart out, tore it into little pieces, did the cha-cha on it, picked it back up, mended it together, and then put it back into my chest. All the while I am just sitting there thinking...'wait, how did that just happen?...How did this book sneak up on me like that?'

Guys this is more than a book. So frickin much more. I cannot explain the feelings and emotions this book will course through your veins. I finished last night and still this morning I cannot seem to get my mind off anything but this book. And to think this is a standalone book. So not cool.

Just a little something now about these characters...oh my goodness, these beautiful, dirty mouthed characters. I thought they were beyond awesome. Another author friend brought it to my attention that Andrew is her new Travis Maddox (Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire). Oh yeah, I can totally see that now. There is a fine line of love between these two guys. If I had to choose it would be very difficult, although I am leaning towards Andrew right now. Cam is also just as great. The author made you really feel her and know her. Heck, I feel as though she and I are friends already after all is said and done.

Ok, I have rambled enough about this book. Good thing I waited until the next morning, after the tears had dried up, to write my review. Oh yes! There will be tears! Please keep in mind there is some sexual content that makes this book New Adult/Adult. But it does not smother the whole book in it. There is actually a story to be told and Redmerski does a fabulous job!

3 comments:

  1. FanTABulous review, sister! :) I bought this one a while ago, but I'm saving it for next week when I won't have to put it down, lol. I know there are going to be tissues involved :)

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you ended up loving this book!! I was a little scared and nervous when you said it only started out okay. But it's AWESOME that it totally turned around and rocked your world! I haven't read this one yet but I will be soon. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AUGH! I can't WAIT to read this book! It's on my short list. Great review :).
    ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte - Book Haul & Blog News

    ReplyDelete