December 9, 2012

Review: POINT OF RETREAT by Colleen Hoover



Title: Point of Retreat

Author: Colleen Hoover

Source: signed paperback won from Globug and Hootie Need a Book

Amazon  B&N  

goodreads...
Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.
Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’

My take...
Apparently in another life, both Will and Layken, have walked under ladders, broke a ton of mirrors (really fancy mirrors I might add), and hated puppies and rainbows. Why? Cause in this life they are getting everything bad handed to them on a big ol’ rusted, crusty platter. These poor kids have, over time, lost both their parents and are now raising their younger brothers. Life is such a butterflying mess. (For those that have read this book…it will make perfect sense.)

I was a little thrown off when I first started reading Point of Retreat. I wasn’t sure I would enjoy reading a story from Will’s POV. I mean, I just fell in love with Lake’s POV in Slammed…and now I have to get used to another one…and a guy’s no less. But you know what? It didn’t take long for Will’s words and inner thoughts to grow on me. Before I knew it I was flowing along and caught up in the story. In fact, I don’t think this story would have been any good if coming from Lake. So Hoover did good making this Will’s story.

Just like with Slammed, the other characters shined bright and we even make a new friend in Kiersten. That little girl has a huge heart and a bad mouth. LOL! But you cannot dislike her what so ever. And her mom is just as great. There are absolutely no secondary characters in this series. They all a great people and we see them deal with their issues too...more so in Point of Retreat.

This series, so far, has had me all kinds of crying…all kinds of happy…all kinds of misery…all kinds of swoony…all kinds of…ok yeah, you get my point. And then I see there will be a book 3. *gasp* It will be a must read for me from the moment it is released. And if you are one of the few people out there who have yet to partake in this series’ goodness…jump on it now and thank me later. A dozen roses and a steak dinner will do just fine. 


Fav of fav quote...
I go back in the room and crawl in the bed with her. I put my ear to her mouth and listen to her breathe. It's the most beautiful sound in the world. I kiss her. Of course I kiss her. I kiss her a million times.


No comments:

Post a Comment