December 22, 2012

Review: The Truth About Faking by Leigh T. Moore



Title: The Truth About Faking

Author: Leigh T. Moore

Source: ebook from author


goodreads...
Jason just wants a date with Harley.
Harley just wants a date with Trent.
Trent's still getting over Stephanie.

When Harley and Jason decide to fake date, they uncover a school of deceptions. Trent's got a secret, but so does Jason. And the more time Harley spends secretly kissing her fake boyfriend, the further she gets from her dreams with Trent.

Worst of all, Harley's mom is getting cozy with her hot massage therapy student, and even Harley's Reverend Dad can't fake not being bothered by it. But when the masks finally come off, can everyone handle the real truth?

My take….
Harley didn't know what she was getting herself into when the idea came to her to fake date Jason. She figured that Trent would see her in a different light if she were to be dumped and that he would want to console her. But in just a few short days Harley's plan to get Trent starts becoming a little fuzzy the more time she spends with Jason. So when she does land that date with Trent...is he everything she ever thought he would be? Or will her feelings for Jason overcome her?

Ok, so not going to ramble on like I sometimes do, but just state the facts. This book was too adorable and too sweet and too adorable. Oh wait I said that right? But GAH! It is adorable. I loved every bit of it. It was the perfect book for a lazy day at home and I easily read it in one day. Loved the story line even though some parts were a little easy to figure out...but still thought the author did a great job revealing those parts.

I absolutely 100% adore Jason. I love how he never really gave up on Harley, even when it looked like he did. And Harley was a great character to follow as well. I enjoyed that she was a little awkward at first and actually allowed her friend to pretty much walk all over her in the beginning. Because as the book progressed we see her character, slowly but surely, growing more and more.

Probably my only fault with the book…would love to have had Jason’s POV sprinkled in. And really it’s not a fault of the book…just a preference I would have liked. Oh to get into his head and see what he is really thinking. I am telling you people…this guy is perfect. Gremlin and all.

So here is what I am thinking when I finished the book....umm, Moore you so need to continue on with these fabulous people. There is so much that could still be told about them. So I will be crossing my fingers hoping you will see this and decide 'hey, Mandy is so right. She is an absolute genius. There is more story to be told.' Right? I’m right aren't I?  ;)

Ok, so I lied. I did ramble a bit, not a bunch, just a bit. But hope you got the jest of what I wanted to tell you about this book. It is a must read. And I hope you go grab yourself a copy soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment