December 27, 2012

Top 10 with Author Ira Nayman


This hilarious science-fiction comedy novel follows the first case for Noomi Rapier, rookie investigator with The Transdimensional Authority – the organisation that regulates travel between dimensions. When a dead body is found slumped over a modified transdimensional machine, Noomi and her more experienced partner, Crash Chumley, must find the dead man’s accomplices and discover what they were doing with the technology. Their investigation leads them to a variety of realities where Noomi comes face-to-face with four very different incarnations of herself, forcing her to consider how the choices she makes and the circumstances into which she is born determine who she is.
Ira Nayman’s new novel is both an hilarious romp through multiple dimensions in a variety of alternate realities, and a gentle satire on fate, ambition and expectation. Welcome to the Multiverse (Sorry for the Inconvenience) will appeal to comedy fans who have been bereft of much good science-fiction fare these last eleven years. Ira’s style is at times surreal, even off-the-wall, with the humour flying at you from unexpected angles; he describes it as fractal humour. Anyone who has read his Alternate Reality News Service stories will know how funny Ira is. The characters we meet from around the multiverse deserve to become firm favourites with all fans of science fiction comedy.

Info for the book found HERE




1. guilty pleasure?        

Erm – you forgot to mention if this is a family publication...



2. 1 book you could read over and over? 

I have stacks of books in to be read piles, so I don’t generally reread. If I did, the book I would probably choose would be Thomas Pynchon’s Against the Day. It is rich and deep and such good fun. (Having said that, it’s actually Gravity’s Rainbow that I will likely reread because it’s been much longer since I originally read it, and I think I would appreciate it a lot more now).



3. fictional character you would love to spend the day with? 

Alvy Singer (Woody Allen’s character in Annie Hall). The angst! The one-liners! The…more angst! What’s not to love?



4. one thing you cannot leave the house without? 

Something to read. No, wait, something to write on in case I am inspired. Umm…if I said paper (written on and blank), would that count as one thing?



5. fav song/singer? 

My favourite group is The Beatles – has been since I was a kid. My favourite song is “A Day in the Life” because there is so much going on that it can still surprise you after many much repeated listenings.



6. hobby? 

Ferret wrestling.



7. fave movie/actor and or/actress? 

Groucho Marx. His timing is impeccable, and, oh, those eyebrows!



8. one place you would love to visit? 

I’ve wanted to go to London since I was a kid. Since my publisher is based in England, and I am planning to go there to attend the launch of my new novel, I will finally see my dream fulfilled in 2013. Yay!



9. fav food? 

Chocolate. But, don’t tell my cardiologist.



10. fav color? 

Purple. I know, it’s the regal colour, but it’s been my favourite since I was a kid (ie: long before I knew its history).


Ferret wrestling eh? Might need to run over to youtube and check it out. lol :)




WEB SITE: Les Pages aux Folles

URL: http://www.lespagesauxfolles.ca




FACEBOOK WRITER’S/FAN/WHATEVER PAGE: Ira Nayman’s Thrishty Friednishes URL: http://www.facebook.com/ThrishtyFriednishes






BOOKS: Alternate Reality News Service collections Alternate Reality Ain’t What It Used To Be, What Were Once Miracles Are Now Children’s Toys,Luna for the Lunies!  and the novel Welcome to the Multiverse (Sorry for the Inconvenience) can be purchased here.


NOVEL TRAILER: http://bit.ly/WelcomeMultiverse_Trailer

ELSEWHEN PRESS WEB SITE: http://elsewhen.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment