January 1, 2013

Review: HOAX by Lila Felix



Title: HOAX

Author: Lila Felix

Source: ebook from author for review



goodreads...
She's spent a long time in a bubble. In an odd turn of events, Corinne is taken out of boarding school and plunged into high school where bullies reign and nice guys come in last.

But this is after she's already fallen in love with Abel over the summer.

Abel is trapped, with friends he secretly hates, but has chosen to stay with the status quo. It's just high school, right?

What do you do when the person you love sees the very worst part of you? And how do you help them when they discover their life is a hoax?

My take...
Corinne just got the news...she is no longer enrolled in boarding school and will have to attend public school as soon as summer is over. Her parent’s only excuse is the economy. Ooook? No 'how was school sweetheart?’….no 'everything will be ok as long as we are together'. Nope, just give her some money and send her on her way to her summer job house sitting for some family friends. Last thing Corinne expected this summer was to fall for the boy who is hired to paint the house and mow the lawn. But that is exactly what happens.

Abel cannot believe his eyes when he first notices the gorgeous girl with hair the color of honey. Soon she is all he can think about and he looks forward to the time they start spending together. And after a magical summer of spending practically every waking moment together…they both realize they have fallen for each other. But once school starts, Corinne sees a different side of Abel and his horrid friends. Now Corinne questions everything...and this summer romance could end as abruptly as it started.

Just seeing this puppy sitting in my email inbox had me giddy and eager to read it. And let me tell you…it was everything I knew it would be: well developed characters, writing that flows wonderfully, and romance that curled my toes. I mean for crying out loud…Abel asks Corinne to ‘be mine’. Oh my heart...it leaped in my chest when I read that line. *sigh* Felix you know how to make a reader swoon with just a couple words. It was greatness and it was beautiful.

I loved watching the relationship grow between these two characters throughout the summer. It was a sweet thing to see and reminded me of some summer romances I had when I was younger. (Long, long, long ago.) But aren’t stories about summer love the absolute best? What is it exactly about it that has people longing for it? I am not sure what it is, but I do know that Felix nailed it and had me flustered and grinning like an idiot. And no, I will not be belting out lyrics of Summer Nights from Grease. Well, ,maybe.

HOAX is one of those perfect reads you don’t want to put down. I finished it today within a few hours because it was just that good. Only had one teeny tiny problem….not near long enough. Come on Felix, could you not have added a few more scenes of Abel painting…sweating…glistening? So yeah, I recommend it and hope that you will give it a chance…as well as the rest of her books!






2 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this one. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is on my TBR list! :D I'm sure is amazing!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete