January 14, 2013

Review: PROTECTING TRUTH by Michelle Warren



Title: Protecting Truth

Author: Michelle Warren

Source: ebook from author for review

AMAZON  B&N 

DO NOT READ MY REVIEW IF YOU HAVE YET TO READ Wander Dust! It will contain spoilers for book one.

goodreads...
Seraphina’s keeping a secret from her Wandering team: she’s perfecting her fighting skills. But telling Sam and Bishop the truth would only alert them to her plan: to go back in time, save her mom, and finish what she started. With the help of Turner, Bishop’s handsome twin, she progresses toward her goal but plummets deeper into dangerous territory where the lines of friendship and romance are blurred. One passionate kiss changes everything, leading Sera to unravel a shocking web of family secrets, heartbreaking ulterior motives, and sinister agendas. Love and lies collide in a haunting climax, where the truest souls may not survive.

My take...
Seraphina spent her summer training and training and training. She has become an expert fighter and now has the skills it will take to take out Cece and the Underground. She will do whatever it takes to get her mother back...even keep secrets from Bishop. But soon Sera realizes she is not the only one keeping secrets. It seems that everyone she loves and trusts is keeping just as many. In the end Sera learns that everyone has a choice to make.

I am not going to go into a long spiel except to say that this book snuck up on me. Boy did it ever. I was happily reading along and then BAM! I was taken aback. What started out as a rather slow beginning soon picked up speed towards the end. But before we get to that crazy, epic, cliffhanger… I found secrets were flying out at me left and right. Some things, like in book one, don't get answered. But man does it leave a taste for what is to come in book 3. Some of these revelations are a doozy. And Sera will be left reeling, trying to put the pieces of her life back together when all is said and done.

Loved Turner. Absolutely, loved him. I am holding out lots and lots of hope for him in the coming book. I know once you read PROTECTING TRUTH you will think I have lost it, but seriously, I am holding out. Things cannot just end like that. Warren do you hear what I am saying? Lets right some wrongs, shall we?

I most definitely recommend this book (and series) beyond a shadow of a doubt. Pick this book up(or both of them) today and prepare yourself for an amazing adventure packed with romance, mystery, and suspense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment