February 5, 2013

Mini Review: ETHAN by P.T. Michelle


Title: ETHAN (0.5 Brightest Kind of Darkness series)

Author: P.T. Michelle

Source: ebook from author for review


goodreads...
Ethan Harris never thought monsters and darkness would consume his daily thoughts, but every night the same visions repeat in his dreams. He’s careful to project a semblance of normalcy, keeping the suffocating darkness locked inside. As much as he wishes he could focus on girls, sports, and cars like other seventeen-year-olds; nothing distracts him from his own demons or shines through.
Until Nara Collins crosses his path. The blonde fascinates and intrigues him, giving him a measure of peace he’s never felt before.
When Ethan discovers there’s more to Nara than she allows others to see, that she might have a unique secret of her own, suddenly his world comes into focus.
Note: Ethan is a novella PREQUEL to Brightest Kind of Darkness. This story will give some of Ethan’s background and lead up until the day he tells Nara there’s a bomb in the school.

My mini take...
Ethan has a hard time keeping the voices and the dark images from plaguing his mind and thoughts. That is until he meets Nara. Nara brings with her the smell of sunshine and flowers and Ethan finds she is all he can think about. And soon Ethan starts noticing things about her others seem to miss. What is it about that girl and will he chance rejection to know her more? You betcha he will.

ETHAN is a really short read…a mere 50 some odd pages long on my nook. Readers get a special peek into Ethan’s life before him and Nara; before BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS. I just loved being able to see him before we were introduced to him in BKofD but felt there was a part or two that was a bit slow. I know that is kind of weird since it is a short story, but it was to me. However, I do adore me some Ethan, so I will take whatever I can get and over look the small stuff. 

ETHAN is a great addition to a fabulous series. If you have read the series…pick it up today and get a better look at Ethan before you fell in love with him in BKofD. Haven’t read the series yet? No problem. I think you should at least read BKofD first so you can appreciate this one a little more when you read it. Because when I read the last few sentences I had the biggest smile on my face.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the great review of ETHAN, Mandy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a novella before first book. Hm. I have the first book here and so need to get to it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete