February 27, 2013

Review: COLLIDE by Gail McHugh



Title: COLLIDE

Author: Gail McHugh

Source: bought ebook at B&N


This is an adult read

goodreads...
A missed first encounter…

Colliding with a second chance…

On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start.

While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief. Knowing he can’t live without her by his side, he’s sweet, thoughtful, and everything Emily has ever wanted in a man.

Until she meets Gavin Blake—a rich and notorious playboy who is dangerously sexy and charming as hell. Emily tries to deny the instant connection she feels, but Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome is not inclined to let go so easily. Recovering from his own painful past, Gavin will stop at nothing to win Emily over.

This unexpected encounter compels Emily to question her decisions, forcing her to make a choice that will destroy friendships, shatter hearts, and forever change her life.

My take...
I came across this book thanks to a good blogger friend and soon to be published author extraordinaire, Heather Gunter. She said Gail would be one of those authors to watch out for...and by golly she was right. I have been itching to read this book for some time now and so I just decided to go ahead and buy it. And I am so glad I did. I mean everywhere I turned people were saying "Read COLLIDE"..."You gotta read COLLIDE". So I did and I loved it. Oh boy did I love it.

Many, many, many times I caught myself silently screaming (hey, don't want to scared the kiddo do we?) at Gavin, Emily, and a whole lot at Dillon. I even had to stop reading to tweet how much I would’ve loved to deck him in his sack due to my obvious hatred of him. He is vile and evil and unfortunately there are people just like him out there tracking down their next victim. Another unfortunate fact is there are other “Emily’s” out there with issues so deep they willingly let them in…unaware of the person’s true intent.

But lets look at the bright side of the story shall we? Gavin…Mr. Tall, Dark, and Effable Handsome. Women wanted him and men wanted to be him. But there was only one girl he wanted and unfortunately she has a boyfriend. But Lord help him, if he doesn’t try to win her heart and make her see that he is the one she should be with. I am sorry, but I would have dropped doucher Dillon at a moment’s notice to be with the likes of Gavin Blake.

COLLIDE is a fabulous story that was fast paced, intense, and full of steamy romance. Oh did I mention the author leaves us hanging with one heck of a cliffhanger? Yeah she did. And I will be getting it the minute it comes available.  Fans of Georgia Cate’s BEAUTY FROM PAIN will adore the crap out of this one. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment