March 16, 2013

Mini Review: THE COINCIDENCE OF CALLIE AND KAYDEN by Jessica Sorensen



Title: THE COINCIDENCE OF CALLIE AND KAYDEN

Author: Jessica Sorensen

Source: bought on my nook

AMAZON  B&N  


goodreads...
There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.

Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.

For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.

Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.

My mini take...
Just wanted to leave a quick review of this amazing book. I had gotten this a bit ago and finally had a little time to read it while on vacation with my family. Just like with THE SECRET OF ELLA AND MICHA I was taken in to this story and found it so hard to leave. I was captivated by its interesting storyline and its top notch characters. But man, oh man was that one heck of a way to end it. I am desperate…desperate I tell you…for book 2. Sorensen better be ready to release that bad boy soon cause I am in need of it.

I have found myself leaning more and more towards the new adult genre, especially contemporary romance. And I found that THE COINCIDENCE OF CALLIE AND KAYDEN is a perfect example of fantastic new adult/contemporary romance. Sorensen has another wonderful hit on her hands and I know others are impatiently waiting for the 2nd book as much as I am.

Everything about this book is excellent, romantic, and absolutely intense. Take note...this book has its dark sides. What these characters go through at times is pretty rough. But it is not all sad and dark; there is light in the midst of it all. Pick up this amazing read and I know you will fly through it like I did eager to devour its goodness. It really is a must read. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... Worst cliffhanger ever. I can't wait for the next book. I need it!

    ReplyDelete