March 5, 2013

Review: INSATIABLE: A MERMAID’S CURSE by Daniele Lanzarotta



Title: INSATIABLE: A MERMAID'S CURSE

Author: Daniele Lanzarotta

Source: eARC from author for review

preorder HERE

This is a NEW ADULT book.

goodreads...
Arianna always felt like she didn’t belong in the world where she was born. Ever since she was little, she used to hide behind the rocks in the sea, and watch the human family who spent their summers on that island. Over the years, there was nothing she wished more than to be like them, especially so she could get close to Blake, the human boy who she saw turn into a troubled teenager and then, an unhappy man.

Once her dad grew tired of her dreams and hopes for a reality that is not her own, Arianna is thrown into an arranged marriage, and her only way out of it is to make a deal with the power-hungry man who will give her everything that she has ever dreamed of. Dreams that turn into nightmares as she watches Blake’s world fall apart, because of her and Blake’s inability to control their desires for one another.

My take...
Arianna would do just about anything to have legs and be a part of the human boy's world. Many times she comes to the surface just to catch a glimpse of him and his family. But Arianna must give it all up and marry one of her own. No longer able to ignore her duties, she is forced to marry Bram and live happily ever after.

As if! Arianna already knows that her heart belongs to a boy she has never even spoken to. And when given the opportunity to walk the earth and be with him, Arianna takes it…no matter the consequences.

So thankful and excited for the opportunity to read a book by Danielle Lanzarotta. I have yet to read her other works, but I know she has lots of fans. And after reading INSATIABLE: A MERMAID’S CURSE I can see why. I quickly devoured it and was pleased with the whole story line  Think of it as a modern day THE LITTLE MERMAID with a NEW ADULT kick to it.

The characters were edgy and interesting and I just loved them. Especially Owen. Yes I realize I may be a minority here liking him but there was something about him. I think with the next book we will get a better look at him and all those secrets he seems to be hiding. I wanted to hate him in the beginning but there was no way I could. In the end, I started believing there was more to him than being evil.

Arianna was another great character. I really liked her from the very get go. She is so sweet and seeing her follow her heart to go after something she wanted was cake! Without thinking twice about the consequences she knew she had to take a risk to see if she could be with Blake. Or she may live the rest of her life regretting taking the risk. Only thing is I wish we could have gotten more time with her below the sea at the start. But I think with how things ended, we are not done with that world just yet.

Perfectly paced story, intriguing characters, and intense scenes had me flying through this book and eager for book 2. Now I need to do some serious catching up with Lanzorotta’s other books. Please check out INSATIABLE: A MERMAID’S CURSE as soon as it is available.




No comments:

Post a Comment