April 6, 2013

Review: DIARIES OF AN ADVENTURE QUEEN by Robin Smith

Title: DIARIES OF AN ADVENTURE QUEEN: AN AMERICAN IN SCOTLAND

Author: Robin Smith

Source: free on kindle


goodreads...
Sophie's world is falling apart after her husband leaves her for another woman. She realises she doesn't know who she is as her life is turned upside down. She finds herself suddenly single with no idea what lies ahead. But a letter from her past sends her on the adventure of a lifetime, with her friend Cathy, to connect with her roots in Scotland. As she travels through the land of her ancestors, Sophie discovers places in her soul she didn't know existed. Early in her journey, she meets a handsome stranger who seems to stir her wounded heart. Will she find what she desperately searches for?

My take...
I could feel the cool rain on my flushed face, but I didn’t care. I was feeling something again after being numb for months.
Sophie is adjusting to life after divorce. And what better way to handle it but to head off to Scotland in search of her family roots with her best friend, Cathy. Readers will follow Sophie's story in a diary format.
The only thing I found was some conversations that were had. I know that may seem silly since conversations are found in pretty much every story ever written, right? Well, I guess since this is a book that is supposed to be a diary, conversations really wouldn't be written in its whole, correct? For example…
                “You get up in a good mood without much sleep, don’t you, Jim?" I gave him a crooked smile.
Now if I am writing a diary I wouldn’t add that in about the smile. Or would I? Heck I don’t keep a diary and if I did, and being an author, I guess I might. So right then I had to get my mind out of that mindset and just enjoy the book for what it was…a good, heartwarming book.
And I am not sure how to explain it but the feeling I got from this book was just soft & feel good. Soft? I know, weird right? But like I said I can’t explain it. With the author’s vivid detail of all the locations, you feel as though you are watching play out before you…like you are really there with Cathy and Sophie. Kudos to Smith for making the book come alive.
So there you go. My little review on a great feel good book. I loved hearing of their trip there and all the things they see and do after they arrive in Scotland. I look forward to the next book in the series and what will conspire between Archie and Sophie. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Mandy. I really appreciate the review! And very happy you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete