June 14, 2013

Mini Review: UNTOUCHED by Melody Grace

Title: Untouched

Author: Melody Grace

Source: ebook from author for review


goodreads...
Emerson Ray is trouble. Juliet knows it the minute she lays eyes on Cedar Cove’s resident bad boy. Forced to spend her summer before college in the sleepy beach town, she never expected to crash into the most devastating guy she’s ever met—or for Emerson’s blue eyes to strip through her dark secrets, and make her feel a desire she’s never known. Their connection is undeniable, but Juliet is torn. She knows, once she gives him everything, there’ll be no turning back.

Juliet McKenzie is dangerous. Emerson can tell from the way she blows through all his defences, laying bare the demons he’s carried alone all his life. He’s left a trail of broken hearts and empty beds in his wake, but Juliet is different. Her innocence is intoxicating—and the passion she keeps hidden, just below the surface. He wants to be the only one to set it free, but with every kiss, he’s closer to losing control and doing the one thing he swore he never would: fall in love.

One summer. Two damaged hearts. Their story is only just beginning…

My mini take...
I look over. She's heartbreakingly beautiful, sitting with her feet up in my passenger seat. Her damp hair is drying in the breeze, and the afternoon sun warms her skin. She's smiling over at me, so carefree it hurts, and for a moment, I think about skipping our exit on the highway and just driving forever. Her and me, and the open road, nothing holding us back.

I absolutely loved UNBROKEN when I read it not long ago. So when Grace asked me if I would be interested in reading/reviewing UNTOUCHED I, of course, jumped at the chance. The story is how Emerson and Juliet came to meet. We get to see how it all came to be for them and how they fell in love. It really is a sweet story and such a great short read.
The author states that this is a prequel to UNBROKEN. I for one am glad I read UNBROKEN first and then this one next. I loved knowing a little bit about them before I found out how they fell in love. So to me, I would suggest you read UNBROKEN first and then read UNTOUCHED. I think you will like it better that way. Another thing…yes the author also states that this can be read as a standalone. But trust me on this, you will most definitely want to read UNBROKEN. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Yeah this story was good…but UNBROKEN was so much better…and hotter!
Pick up this quick read today if you are looking for a little more of Emerson and Juliet. You will be happy with the glimpse the author gives us on how it all started for them and how they fell so deep that summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment