October 14, 2013

Early Review: THE SCRIBE by Elizabeth Hunter


Title: THE SCRIBE

Author: Elizabeth Hunter

Source: eARC from author


PreOrder: AMAZON  B&N
GOODREADS

goodreads...
Hidden at the crossroads of the world, an ancient race battles to protect humanity, even as it dies from within.

Ava Matheson came to Istanbul looking for answers, but others came looking for her. A reckless warrior guards her steps, but will Malachi’s own past blind him to the truth of who Ava might be? While ancient forces gather around them, both Ava and Malachi search for answers.

Whispering voices. Deadly touch. Their passion should be impossible... or it could be the only thing that will keep them alive.

THE SCRIBE is the first book in the Irin Chronicles, the new paranormal romance series from Elizabeth Hunter, author of the Elemental Mysteries.

My take...
I seriously don't know where to start with my review. I have tried several times to get it going and would delete the 'crap' I had typed out. Nothing was coming out the way I wanted it to. No words sounded right for what I was feeling when I finished this book. Amazing? Yes! Beautiful? Absolutely! So utterly heart wrenching? Most definitely! But even those words don’t do this book justice.

I was immediately immersed into this read from the first few lines. Hunter has a special way of getting the reader's attention and keeping it until the end. I know because it happens with all her books. When Hunter writes a story you become so consumed in the book you feel as if you are a part of it.  

Ava is one of those strong willed women you can’t help but love. She has always been on her own. Not that her mother doesn’t’ love her, because she does. But it is better when she is alone…then the voices that plague her mind are quieter. Ava feels as if she is broken due to these voices that she hears all around her. She has never met anyone else like her and the voices are in a language she has tried to track down but has failed. That is until she finds a doctor with a unique therapy that seems to help her and a body guard whose mere presence alone is calming to her soul.

Malachi. From the moment we are inside his head I knew I was going to fall hard for this guy. And fell hard I did. There is something so mysterious about him and unattainable that just makes you want to hold him down and find out all his secrets. When he comes across Ava, he is instantly drawn to her. He wants to know who she is and why she is so special. The ache to touch her is more than he can stand…it is something he must resist at all costs. But even the thought of being ‘just friends’ with Ava is tearing him apart.

I bet if I looked back at all my reviews I would be like a broken record. Saying things like…Hunter blew me away with this story. And she absolutely did with this one. This book! This amazingly beautiful book! It captivated from the start and I couldn’t put it down. Literally. I had it in the kitchen with me while cooking supper. I didn’t want to stray far from these characters that attached themselves to my heart so quickly. I needed them and they needed me. I needed to hear their story and they needed to tell me.

And their story is so heart-stirring, so unexpected, so utterly heart wrenching. It has been a while since a book has affected me to this degree. I had to put the book down when a certain part happened. My heart was torn in two. I wasn’t sure I wanted to go on. How could I when something so unbelievably unexpected happens? How dare Hunter do this to me! To her readers. But as I continued on, I felt we might not have seen the last of a certain character. But with the way it proceeded to go, I am still scared for what is to come. Lives are in turmoil and it makes me excited for what will happen in book 2, THE SINGER.

If you have ever read one of Hunter’s books, you absolutely know how creative this lady is. She weaves her words into such a beautiful tale and creates a story that is so intriguing you never want it to end. Even the emotional scenes are some of the most precious I have ever read. My heart is still aching the next day with my mind on these characters. Yes, THE SCRIBE is definitely a must read. In fact, it is on my to re-read list.
Pick it up! Read it! Enjoy it! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment