November 6, 2013

Review: NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE by Kirsty Moseley


Title: Nothing Left To Lose

Author: Kirsty Moseley

Source: ebook from tour host for review


goodreads...
Annabelle Spencer’s life is every girl’s dream. She has wonderful parents, great friends, and of course the perfect boyfriend, Jack Roberts. That all changes on her sixteenth birthday when her life comes crashing down around her. Her dream night turns into a nightmare when Jack is murdered right in front of her, and she’s kidnapped by his murderer, Carter Thomas, a big time drug and arms dealer.

After five months of being with Carter, she’s found, but the experience has totally changed her. She’s no longer the happy-go-lucky girl that everyone used to know and love; she’s now cold, hard and suffers from night terrors. It appears that Carter broke not only her body, but her spirit too. A shadow of her former self, her slogan for life is now: ‘If you don’t care about anything, then you have nothing to lose’.

Carter is currently serving time for the murder of Jack, a conviction that Anna helped secure. But his retrial is coming up because some key evidence appears to have been tampered with. Unbeknown to Anna, death threats are being received by her father, the Senator. It appears that Carter is still interested in Anna and will stop at nothing to get her back.

Ashton Taylor is brought in to protect her. He’s a newly qualified SWAT agent, a bright spark, the agency’s new golden boy. He is assigned undercover, posing as her boyfriend. His job is to help her through college and keep her safe until the end of the trial in eight months’ time.

For three years she has been the broken, damaged girl, refusing to feel emotion or pain, but can Ashton help her rebuild her life and finally deal with the grief of losing her childhood sweetheart? Will he be the one to make her see that life is, in fact, worth living and that not all men will hurt her?

All the while, the shadow of the trial looms over the both of them, taunting them, reminding them that it isn’t over yet. After all, Carter Thomas will stop at nothing to be reunited with his ‘Princess’.

Due to heavy subject matter and sexual content, this book is recommended for ages 17+

Nothing Left to Lose is a sexy New Adult romance dealing with love, lust, loss and grief. First uploaded on Wattpad, it surpassed 25 million reads before publication.

My take...
I was so darn excited to read another book by Moseley. I knew when I started it I was going to love it. But I had no earthly idea how much I would love it. It was just so utterly amazing. Completely blown away. I adored the characters so very much and the storyline was perfection. It is definitely one of those reads you hate to put down. And being the long book that it was, I fell victim to sleep. I know, I know. But I would immediately pick it up first thing the next morning, reading until I devoured it all. So that counts for something right?

I have read a couple of her books and both reads had some parts that were a little unbelievable at times. I was kind of expecting the same with this one. So when I finished the whole book, I was pleasantly surprised at how believable the entire read was. Only problem was the date for the Presidential Election didn't line up with when we actually have them here in the US. A simple google search could have cleared that all up. But in the end, it simply didn't matter. I still found the book enjoyable and I still inhaled every word.

I hurt for Anna. The things she has been through in the past is absolutely heartbreaking and sometimes difficult to read about. Carter tormented this girl from the time he comes in contact with her. A classic case of 'wrong place at the wrong time'. And poor Anna carried so much guilt with her, even long after being rescued. All it took was Ashton coming into her life to set the things in motion that would slowly start reviving her life once again.

Ashton is one of those characters all the girls are going to love. He is absolutely swoon worthy and sweet as hell. Several times Anna wondered where he found all this sweet nothings he would whisper to her. I know I was in love from the moment we met him. How it took Anna so long to realize she was, is beyond me. But I am so glad we got to see her slowly be awakened once again to life thanks to him.

This could have been a quick book, breezing over parts, not really allowing us to see Anna coming out of her guilt ridden shell. But where would the beauty in that have been? This was something we all needed to experience right along with Anna. To know what she went through and to see her through it. It was sad. It was heartbreaking. It was also very beautiful. I was so very in love with this story. Fabulous job, Moseley. I am eagerly anticipating the upcoming companion novel, ENJOYING THE CHASE.

If you have enjoyed Moseley's other work, you are most assuredly going to love this one. It is most definitely a 5 star read! And I most definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone. Enjoy!

Also, when I heard this song today on the radio, after hearing it hundreds of times before, I immediately thought of this book. So very perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment