December 4, 2013

Review: BEYOND DOUBT by Karice Bolton


Title: Beyond Doubt

Author: Karice Bolton

Source: bought ebook from Amazon for kindle

AMAZON  B&N  


goodreads...
Brandy Rhodes is about to enter law school and everything is going according to plan.

Until she meets him—the one man in the universe who’s off limits—her best friend’s brother, Aaron.

Brandy knows enough to stay away from him, but as the pull becomes impossible to ignore, secrets and lies become part of Brandy’s way of life. And she kind of likes it.

Aaron Sullivan has never been one to believe in love. His motto is quantity over quality and that has suited him quite well. After all, love is an illusion and romance is another way to manipulate females into bed.

Until he met her—the one woman in the universe who calls his bluff and shows what love can be.

But as their love grows, Aaron’s past begins to haunt his future, and right when she needs him the most, he makes a decision that will shatter her world.

And she just may not survive.

My take...
As with any of my reviews on books of a series, do not read if you haven’t completed the books before this one. It could contain spoilers for the previous books.

First off let me say how happy I was that Bolton started this book back when Brandy and Aaron first met. On one hand we get to go back to the start and see it from Brandy's POV this time around. On the other hand we know what is coming and we are not sure what to do or what to think or how to feel because of the ending BEYOND CONTROL left us with. We had no idea if Brandy lived or died. So I guess you could say that all through the book we were waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Gonna be honest, I was a tad bit perturbed with Brandy at times. I was tired of her flip/flop attitude and was ready for the girl to just give in already to Aaron. Heck, it she didn't I would be glad to help her out with that pesky little problem. Thankfully she does come around after much inner debate with her heart and mind. And let me add that Aaron is a fabulous character, too! I enjoyed him so very much. But there is one scene at the very end that I was ready to kick him to the curve. I just knew I wouldn't care for him any more after he showed his rear in front of Brandy. But maybe he got back into my good graces and maybe he didn't. Hmmmm.....

I also loved that there was quite a bit of suspense. I wasn't really expecting it and it popped up at all the right times. Just when I had forgotten about it, Bolton would remind us once again. It was the perfect addition to the story and kept the storyline very interesting as well.

There was a lot of emotion in this one, though not as much as the first book. I bawled like a baby with BEYOND CONTROL but found that this one didn't pack that emotional punch. And that is ok. Just knowing the end was coming and I knew what to expect had me on tension overload. I was a mess by the time the event occurred. But Bolton was amazing as always and wrote that scene beautifully. It was amazing and heartbreaking at the same time.

Absolutely, 100% recommend this book! So what are you waiting for?



1 comment:

  1. I Loved Beyond Doubt. I agree Karice kept us on our toes in just the right places. Karice did a Beautiful job in leading the story straight into Brandy's and Aarons relatioonship. Not only that, but she leaves you on pins and needles waiting for book 3, Great job Karice! Definitly a must read. Please read Beyond Control 1st. Makes all the since in the world!

    ReplyDelete