March 1, 2014

Review: AN AMISH COURTSHIP by Samantha Jillian Bayarr


Title: An Amish Courtship

Author: Samantha Jillian Bayarr

Source: ebook from Amazon


amazon summary...
VOLUME ONE (50 pages)
Grace takes a tumble in Samuel's field on the way to her cousin's house for a visit, and in the time it takes for him to care for her injury, she falls in love with him.
Samuel has his future set for him, but when he encounters the angelic Grace, he suddenly realizes he wants out of his commitments so he can pursue her.
Can the two of them make it work, or has someone else already laid claim to the future they desire?

My take... 
After a head on collision with a couple plow horses, Grace is brought face to face with a handsome young man, Samuel. She falls for his kind heart immediately. Unfortunately she loses consciousness, only to wake at her cousin’s house. Did she imagine him? Will she be able to find him again? What happens when she finds out the truth? Her precious memories of her few minutes with Samuel are about to be shattered.

It has been sometime since I read an Amish genre read. In fact, I think it was around the time I got my first nook nearly 3 yrs ago. But I remember falling in love with that genre and wanting to read more of it. So here I am reading this novella and finding that I missed it so much. There is something so pure and refreshing about their way of life. You can't help but smile the whole way through thinking about these two characters. The author did an amazing job giving us a sweet read with a touch of romance. Even if it seems to be the forbidden kind.

I really enjoyed this quick read and look forward to seeing what develops as the series progresses. My heart goes out to Grace at the end of the book when she comes to a big conclusion. I am sure things will only get worse before they get better, but it is enough to leave me wanting more. Needing to see if things work out for them both. 5 Sweet Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment