April 2, 2014

Early Review: SEARCH by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Title: SEARCH

Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy

Source: eARC from author

Est Release Date: April 17th , 2014


goodreads...
Casey isn't human. The revelation should terrify her, but it doesn't. Instead it excites her. Too bad not everyone is as excited as she is.
Torn between two lives, the only one she's ever known and her life as a paranormal princess, Casey has to decide whether she can trust the man she loves.
Sometimes being a princess isn't all it's cracked up to be.

My take...
**Do not read if you have yet to read SOAR (book 1). My review may contain spoilers for that book! You have been warned!**

 At the end of SOAR, Casey finds out she is Pteron by being thrown off The Empire State building. How's that for discovering your part bird? Not only that but she is royalty. And now she has to deal with Jared rejecting her for also being Petron. If you remember correctly Pterons are not to mate with other Pterons. It’s a pesky unofficial rule of their kind. And he isn’t about to put his family through that again. So she turns to the only other person she can trust: Toby.

Man o’ man! I flew through this book like no other. I wanted to take my time with it but I couldn’t help myself. I had to know what was going on and who Casey would end up with. Yeah, so we thought she has chosen Jared at the end of SOAR. Well, things are not that simple. Lots of things come into play and we have to really wonder what feelings were real and what were brought on by outside forces. What am I talking about you may ask? Oh goodness…you’re just going to have to read to find out. It is crazy all that happens in such a short amount of time.

I do like Jared, so don’t get me wrong when I say he was a bootie head (and that is putting it lightly…Amazon has sensitive ears when reading our reviews). We all know he is a bootie head, but he was definitely more so in this book. The things he says made me want to throat punch him. I get that he is hurt and that is how he deals, but come on!

Sometimes it is too much. Now as for Toby. Wooo boy. He definitely has changed in a short amount of time. Fearing he lost Casey to Jared, only to learn he actually didn’t…he amps up his game and is out to win her over. Yes, he actually got better in this one. And I loved him in SOAR, so that is saying something.

I am still sitting here a day later wondering about that ending. I mean seriously…what just happened here? What the flip just happened? I am having to mentally go back through the book and wonder about some people and things that were said. I am flabbergasted by it all. Most of our favorite characters are in trouble and I am so nervous for them and what is to come.

So here is the deal…I loved it, I couldn’t put it down, and I inhaled it rather quickly. So yes I recommend it to anyone and everyone. It is a no brainer that if you read SOAR you are going to want to read this one. How could you not, right? So, I can’t wait to hear your thoughts as soon as you read it.

Book one...

No comments:

Post a Comment