June 1, 2014

Review: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 2, Epi 9 by Rachel Higginson

Title: Love and Decay: Season 2, Epi 9

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...
Zombies- as if that wasn’t enough to ruin any girl’s dream of a happily ever after.

Reagan has suffered through a lot of heartbreak during her years surviving the end of the world. She’s lost her parents, her high school boyfriend and now the boy she thought would love her forever.

Hendrix might not be dead, but he’s left Reagan and the separation might be more than she can handle.

It’s not all bad news for Reagan and company though and when something good finally happens to the downtrodden group, they can’t help but feel hope for the first time in a long time.

But this is the Zombie Apocalypse after all and nothing good lasts long. A battle for their lives, an enemy asking them to trust him and plans to bring down Matthias Allen and his merry band of militia keep life active and interesting for Reagan, even while she mends her broken heart.

She can fight Zombies with the best of them, but can she struggle through the aftermath of her shattered relationship? Even more, can she survive the comfort of a boy that didn’t break her heart? A boy that very much wants to help her put all those fragile pieces back together?

Kane is waiting in the wings, and what Hendrix doesn’t want anymore, he will gladly take. And keep.

Love and Decay, Episode Nine is the ninth episode in Season Two of a novella series in a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with.

This story takes place over multiple episodes, with a release date every two weeks. Approximately 20,000 words.

My take...
I had a dream last night that the world was new again. I could have lived forever in those short hours of blissful oblivion.
**

While the group makes plans to take back Gage's compound, Page awakens. The reunion between Page and everyone nearly breaks Reagan. The pain of it all is too much. She can't handle being the outcast and still have these feelings for Hendrix. Feelings she just cannot turn off. Then there are the feelings she has for Kane. Sure they don't even compare to the ones she carries for Hendrix, but again, she can't just turn them off. Add the guilt of Page's predicament on top of all that...emotions just festering, all bottled up inside of her. Reagan is about to lose it if she doesn't learn to control it. Surviving is the only way out. And that is what she plans to do. Survive!

This is probably one of the hardest Love and Decay reviews I‘ve had to write. Not that I didn’t like it, because I loved it. I just keep going back over what I have down and deleting it. There are things I want to say, but it would be too spoilery. I guess I can say it like this…Reagan has some much needed time to think over the past couple days. Think on her past and think on her future. Hendrix has also had some time to think. But I don’t necessarily think his thinking helped anyone involved. Maybe they should have kept their distance for a bit longer. Because I am confused now more than ever with these two.

**
I felt too much. I saw too much. And it was destroying me.
But he didn’t want to see that. All he let himself believe was that I had somehow betrayed his trust and fallen for another man. And those things were not true.
**

I mentioned in my review of episode 8 that I had this feeling of something big is about to happen. Well, this episode just reconfirmed those feelings. The anticipation of what they will find at the compound and if they will be able to take down Matthias is high. The group is at their brink and I feel that the last remaining episodes of this season will be fireworks. Absolute fireworks!

Now even though this was a hard review to write I still loved this episode. How could I not love it? We get some one on one time with Hendrix and Reagan. For those that love Kane, there is a really great scene there as well. Yes, even I can admit that was a really good scene. And of course we get some ravenous zombie action. All in all, it was a fantastic episode. I am, however, nervous for what is to come...even more so nervous for my favorite characters. I need the next episode soon! I guess since I have 2 weeks to wait I should start preparing myself now. *Bites nails* Another 5 Star Episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment