June 15, 2014

Review: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 2, Episode 10 by Rachel Higginson

Title: Love and Decay: Season 2, Epi 10

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author


goodreads...
Zombies- as if that wasn’t enough to ruin any girl’s dream of a happily ever after.

Reagan and the Parkers have a plan. They are going to infiltrate Gage’s storage facility and assassinate Matthias Allen. They’ve even enlisted newly reformed Kane to help them out.

If only things could go as planned. But nothing ever does during the Zombie Apocalypse.

Reagan and friends run into Matthias much sooner than expected; only to find out they’ve been betrayed by someone they thought they would never see again. 

Hope is not lost however. Even if they didn’t plan to meet Matthias this quickly, they did plan for the worst case scenario. Reagan is determined to kill Matthias, more so than ever before. 

If only she knew who to trust. 

Is Kane really helping her? Or has she been double-crossed? And if so, will she be able to kill Matthias Allen? Or will saving her friends be a hard enough task as it is? 

Survival has never been riskier for the Love and Decay gang. And this time it’s not just her life, Reagan is playing with, but her heart as well.

Love and Decay, Episode Ten is the tenth episode in Season Two of a novella series in a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with. 

This story takes place over multiple episodes, with a release date every two weeks. Approximately 20,000 words.



My take...
And mostly I felt like this was hell. It had to be. There could not be another place worse than this. 
Okay, maybe that was a little harsh. But this had to be purgatory at the very least. Some kind of torturous holding place before we were sentenced into our final judgment. 
***


The group is making their way back to the compound to finish off Matthias with Kane's help. But once there has Kane betrayed them once again? And what vicious things does Matthias have in store for them? His sadistic mind knows no bounds. 

Holy. Hell!! That perfectly describes this episode. My heart is still hammering in my chest since finishing the book. I knew, I knew, I knew something big was coming. And Matthias is leading this travesty at full force. I just don't know what to think or say. I am completely and utterly shocked by what took place. 

***
This was a level of sweetness I had never experienced before and never, ever expected to find in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse. 
His lips were perfect, his tongue hot and just hinted at the desire that pulsed beneath his skin and in the frantic rhythms of his heartbeat. His hands held on to me with the only hint that he was afraid I would pull away. At my waist he held me forcefully, desperately. 
Still his mouth moved against mine and I understood the word “worship” at an entirely different level, in its purest form. This was worship. This was Kane being selfish. 
This was him convincing me to never leave him. 
***


As for Kane. Oh Lord help me. This boy has had me flip flopping throughout this series on my feels for him. One minute I hate him, the next I can tolerate him. At this time I am leaning towards liking him. GASP, I know! I can't believe it myself. But with Reagan's feelings laid out on the line, and all that she has been through, I am here in support for whatever she decides. I love this girl, so if this is what she wants I can deal with that. If she doesn't and wants Hendrix back, I will be good with that too.

One thing is still certain...I do not like Matthias at all. In fact I downright hate him. He is evil at its best. I detest him to the utmost. He is unredeemable in my eyes. And he and his wife have a special spot reserved for them in hell. I am only praying they get what is coming to them by the end of this season.

Probably one of my favorite episodes of this season. It was chalked full of suspense and the tension had my heart up in my throat while reading. I cannot wait to see what happens next. 5 OH. MY. ZOMBIE Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment