July 6, 2014

Interview with Jude Ouvrard, Author of BODY INK AND SOUL {Excerpt}


Jude was born and raised in a small village named Lacolle. She now lives in Montreal, Canada. She is the proud mother of a beautiful four year old son, and has spent the last twelve years with her partner, Cedric.

French is her native language, but she prefers to write in her second language, English.

Besides working full time and being a mother, Jude has a passion for books, both reading and writing them.



*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author? I work full time in a firm, I would probably just work and be ''normal''. Not that I'm not normal now but I spend a lot of time on my stories. Many, many hours a week. Writing, promoting, thinking, taking notes, rewriting, going through my stories. It’s almost as if I had two full time jobs.
*5 years ago: what were you doing? I was on maternity leave with my little baby boy. At the time, surviving was my priority, writing and reading were both on pause until I could catch my breath. I was thinking about writing but I couldn't find the time. I was exhausted, I tried to catch up on my sleep any chances I got.

*Do you have a certain writing ritual? Absolutely not, I write wherever and whenever I can. With or without music, alone or surrounded by people. I often write on my iPhone on my in or out of work. I bring my laptop to work every day and I try to write during my lunch break. I also work at night when I can.

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? Back in the days, when I started writing in English, (I'm fluent French) I was told that my writing was robotic. At the times, I asked my friends for advice and they helped me and showed me how to make everything flow. My English is still not perfect but I'm learning something new every single day.

*Ever fangirled over another author? Who was it? Yes, Jamie McGuire. I think I'm still fangirling. She is great and pretty awesome with her readers. I hope that I'll be lucky enough to have the same type of career as her. Travelling around the world, meeting fans, going to signings. It seems pretty fun.

*Is there an author you'd like to meet? Yes, few of them. Jamie McGuire, Colleen Hoover. The list could go on and on but I think these two are the ones I would love to meet the most. Colleen Hoover is fabulous. Her books are always transporting me in a different state of mind. She amazes me. Jamie McGuire, I think I would just hug her. She dedicated a copy of Beautiful Disaster for me when a friend of mine met her. It's precious. She seems genuine and she is the one who introduced me to New Adult books.

*Biggest writing pet peeve? I can’t think of anything... (thinking) ... One thing I dislike is the many books that are now almost copying the entire storyline of Fifty Shade. E.L. James is extremely successful at the moment and I find it sad that authors are trying to copy her work to get a few bucks in their wallet..

Also, I think writing a summary is the hardest thing ever. I can't do it by myself, I always seek for help.

* Do you read other's reviews of your books? I read all of them, on goodreads or amazon. It’s fun, even when some bring out things they didn't like. I'm taking notes of the good and bad. Authors need to know these things. It’s partly how we grow as authors.


Fun Five:

Fav Color: Purple

Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with? hummm.... That's very difficult... I read the Driven Series recently so I’m going to go with Colton Donovan.

Fav food: Italian or Thai

Fav song and/or singer? I love many songs or singers...but... I remember by Deadmaus and Kaskade. It’s a bit old but I must have listened to it thousand of times.



Guilty pleasure: Chocolate. YUMMY !!!



@JudeOuvard



Phoenix Silverstone more commonly known as Nix, is a twenty-one year old that has finally discovered her freedom.  After living under the strict rules and protection of her mother, Nix moved out with her two best friends in a quaint little Seattle apartment.  For the first time Nix is finally able to spread her wings and breathe.  Together, they get a job working at a bar and for the first time everything is perfect.
Freedom, friendships, a great job and fantastic man on the verge of becoming hers.  Tristan is the suave, intelligent, not to mention gorgeous law student that Nix has her eyes and heart set on.  For the first time, she has her life together; that is, until her path crosses with Levi.  The charming, tattooed and downright sexy bad boy that Nix knows she needs to avoid.
But when one of her friends moves out she is shocked to find that her new roommate is none other than Levi.  Flirting. Desire. Undeniable temptations.  Nix can’t deny the chemistry surging between them but she can’t forget her mother’s extreme hate towards bad boys.
Will Nix have the strength to listen to her heart?  Or will her mother’s rules cost her everything?





3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, I love it <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous06 July, 2014

    Awesome interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous08 July, 2014

    Great interview Jude. I learned some stuff!

    ReplyDelete