July 22, 2014

Review: OUT OF RUINS by Michele G. Miller

Title: OUT OF RUINS

Author: Michele G. Miller

Source: eARC from author


goodreads...
“Guilt. A painful, lonely feeling. It seeps into your pores slowly as you go through life day by day. Like a disease, it blackens your heart with thoughts and memories of what you did, or in my case, what you didn’t do.”

Surviving the storm was only the beginning for Jules. Surviving the guilt? That is something only love can help her overcome.

My take...

I will never be the same girl I was before West. Everything changed the night of the twister. Everything.
**

Jules used to know who she was. In school she did it all: cheerleader, student council, popular. But then the tornado that bore down on Tyler came and took her town, her school, and her friends. Lying with the rest of the debris somewhere scattered is also her confidence and her security. Now she doesn't know who she is. She is still dealing with grief and loss, but most of all guilt. Guilt of not being able to save her best friend. Her only cure is West. But that may be too much for him to carry alone.

**
"West, who was so unsure of himself at first, became confident and steadfast. He truly was my anchor at a time when I was sinking slowly."
**

Give me a moment here to gather my thoughts and wipe the tears away. Wow. This book! I absolutely could not wait for it the moment I finished the equally awesome FROM THE WRECKAGE to get my hands on this one. But now that I have finished OUT OF RUINS, I find myself with a huge, whopping case of book hangover. I am not sure I will be able to start the contemporary romance I planned to start right after. In fact, I think I need a good dose of paranormal to help me heal.

This book doesn't necessarily end on a happy note for Jules and West, but it ends exactly how it should. How it was meant to end. It ends in a way that makes you crave and desire for ALL THAT REMAINS. I am sitting on pins and needles to know how the series will end.

Oh me, oh my. The Romance! I was enamored and in love with these two and the love that just poured from them. Even young, I could see it was there. Heck, even I was beginning to believe that as long as they had each other they could work through anything. They seriously have a beautiful chemistry and a connection like no other. And it has been there from the beginning. If they can just focus on that, they just may be ok. But things are not all rainbows and butterflies for West and Jules. Both are struggling in their own ways and using each other as a crutch to get past their guilt. But the thing about crutches is every movement is slow go. They need real help for the issues they could do past on their own.

Miller has yet again proved that she has what it takes to write a book that captures the reader imagination and holds them hostage long after the book is over with. I am proof. OUT OF RUINS is captivating, engaging, and emotional. A definite must read! I will be adding this one right alongside FROM THE WRECKAGE as one of my all-time faves of 2014! 5 Stars all the way!

See how it all started for FREE at Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment