August 18, 2014

Interview with Author Acie Lynn


Acie Lynn is a lifetime writer that began her career at the ripe old age of six when she re-wrote the ending of Heidi (granny didn't get treated fairly in her estimation). She entitled the piece 'The Bline Grinmather' (misspellings historically accurate) and that is how the much cherished document became family legend. She then learned to spell and subsequently spent her awkward teen years hiding in school libraries devouring books on everything she could get her hands on (classical literature became a favorite along with westerns by Louis L'Amour). She has a modest collection of published short stories, poems, and several small articles. Journalism was her goal on the way out of high school, but life has curveballs, so she went into Business Administration for twenty years then followed that up with a degree in Medical Assisting. During those long years she raised two magnificent boys, continued to write several novels (none of which have seen the light of day due to her harsh critiquing skills) and had even more poems published. She has taken several writing courses most notably from a fellow author and mentor Holly Lisle
(she highly recommends the course How to Think Sideways by Holly Lisle, it taught her a lot). She resides in Pueblo, Colorado with her phenomenal husband, their children and one very spoiled bark-o-lounger (a.k.a. the family dog, Jayben). Currently Acie Lynn is winding up the first novel deemed suitable for public viewing and is anticipating its debut in October of 2014.

*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author?
I still work as a phlebotomist and I have a degree and a Medical Assistant so I would mostly likely be doing that. I enjoy it a lot.

*5 years ago: what were you doing?
 Five years ago I was working as a customer service agent for a cellular service.

*Do you have a certain writing ritual?
 I always get up early, I usually wake at 6, I feed the dog let him out get ready for the day and start writing usually by 7:30 or 8 am I'm an early bird I think best in the mornings.

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
 I have taken an criticism as tough because you can learn even from the harshest critics. Even the meanest critic might have a grain of something useful you can take away and besides if they are picking on me then they are giving someone else a break so I'm ok with it.

*Ever fangirled over another author? Who was it?
 Currently my favorite author is Stephanie Meyer. I really enjoyed the twilight books read them all in 3 days. I was working full time in between. lol

*Is there an author you'd like to meet?
 I really wanted to be able to meet Louis L'Amour and now I can't but if there is a writer I would like to meet these days it would be J.K. Rowling. I identify with her a lot. We have similar backgrounds and I find I am intrigued by her immense success and it gives me hope for mine.

*Biggest writing pet peeve?
 My biggest writing pet peeve is when an author obviously doesn't bother to edit their manuscript before sending it out into the world. Small mistakes happen but an entire manuscript that is badly written with a thin story line and hideous grammar makes me cringe.

* Do you read other's reviews of your books?
 I do read reviews because my readers deserve to hear from me if they have things to say. I may not have time to do more than say thank you or click like but I always read reviews. If the reviews are valid complaints and need to be addressed I embrace the opportunity to improve.


Fun Five:
Fav Color? lots first off though is royal blue.

Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with? If I could spend the day with a fictional character it would be with Freckles of the LImberlost or Jubal Sackett. I spent a lot of time as a child with both of those characters. They are two of my favorites.

Fav food? My favorite food is chocolate. Not nutritious just my favorite.

Fav song and/or singer? My favorite song is Undefeated by Chris Daughtry it means a lot to me because I dedicated it and my hair last year to the St. Baldrick's day charity in honor of some close friends and family who are fighting cancer.

Guilty pleasure? My guilty pleasure is watching Nashville and Grey's Anatomy.







If prison could be beautiful and in it family could be found, Mayven was sure fate had granted her such a boon. This apartment had been her prison, a necessary one perhaps, but prison none-the-less, as long as she could recall. Love had been her keeper and destiny her sentence. Fate—the keeper of the keys—was unlocking the doors at last. However, Mayven found the cost was more horrifying than the thought of a life spent in servitude to a destiny she had never wanted and still didn’t understand.

Mayven has been sheltered, unaware of the suffering she thinks resides only within the walls of her tiny apartment.  Varn knows suffering exists far greater than he alone can combat, but he is determined to try. Varn and Mayven are on a collision course with what each of them think they know and what destiny truly has in mind. Their only ally is the truth. Sometimes, however, the truth does not always set you free.



No comments:

Post a Comment