September 16, 2014

Early Review: ELLIE JORDAN, GHOST TRAPPER by J.L. Bryan

Title: Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper

Author: J.L. Bryan

Source: eARC from author

Est Release Date: Sept 19, 2014


goodreads...

Ellie Jordan’s job is to catch and remove unwanted ghosts. Part detective, part paranormal exterminator, Ellie operates out of Savannah, Georgia, one of the oldest and most haunted cities in North America.

When a family contacts her to deal with a disturbing presence in the old mansion they’ve recently purchased, Ellie first believes it to be a typical, by-the-book specter, a residual haunting by a restless spirit. Instead, she finds herself confronting an evil older and more powerful than she’d ever expected, rooted in the house’s long and sordid history of luxury, sin, and murder. The dangerous entity seems particularly interested in her clients’ ten-year-old daughter.

Soon her own life is in danger, and Ellie must find a way to exorcise the darkness of the house before it can kill her, her clients, or their frightened young child.

My take...

This is definitely not the book to start late, late at night. Not far into it I got the bejeezus scared out of me. So I quickly laid it down and started it the next day. I wasn't prepared for the gruesome and the scary parts. But man was this was a fantastic book. Especially now that the Halloween season is upon us. Absolutely the most perfect time to start this great read.

Bryan and his words held my attention the entire time. It had me eagerly anticipating what was to come and what these crazy, spooky ghosts were up to. And I am hoping beyond hope that he has more books planned for Ellie. It definitely needs to happen.

What I wasn't keen on was the lack of romance. I love me some romance. I need me some romance. And yet, this book had none. But it didn't stop me from loving it.
Oh no. I was very happy in the end and couldn't have asked for a better book.

A must read…a fantastic read! I look forward to more. (There better be more!) 5 Spooky Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment