November 12, 2014

Review: MIDWAY by Melanie Karsak

Title: MIDWAY

Author: Melanie Karsak

Source: ebook from author for review



goodreads...

Midway: A Harvesting Series Novella (Book 1.5 in The Harvesting Series) is a tie-in novella that compliments The Harvesting, Book I in The Harvesting Series.

Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, for the beginning of the end.

Carnie. Ride jockey. Roustabout. White trash. Tilt girl. Gypsy. Cricket has been called a lot of things, but she never thought survivor of the zombie apocalypse would be one of them. One day she’s barking on the midway, and the next day, the world is eating itself alive.

Cricket, along with Vella, a tarot reader, and Puck, Cricket’s mangy mutt, find themselves running for their lives, but where can you hide when mankind has fallen? Cricket will need help if she hopes to survive.

Luckily for her, we were never really alone, and apparently, magical forces want to keep this tilt girl alive.


My take...

**I actually rated this book 4.5 stars. But when leaving reviews at sites such as goodreads, Amazon, etc... I always round up to the next full star.

When you start MIDWAY you may recall the first part of the story at the end of THE HARVESTING. It is all so intense as Cricket is realizing this sickness is more than the typical flu strain spreading around the US. And man was it good to be back in Karsak's world of zombies.

No fear if you haven't read THE HARVESTING. I think you may enjoy reading this one first anyhow. It is quick and to the point, just a different POV. But I am truly hoping that these two stories will converge into one for the next book in the series. Most assuredly it will. I have no fear Karsak knows what she is doing and plans to give us another fabulous read.

The only reason I gave this book a 4.5 star rating instead of a full fledge 5 star rating is because of the ending. I liked it but it just ended. BAM! DONE! I wanted to turn the page and find just a bit more. You may read this and like how it ended. But for me I just needed...more.

No comments:

Post a Comment